The Student Room Group

How come my bf would go out clubbing with another chick but not me?

So I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 10 months now, and we have never been to a club. The thing about me is that I love to dance. I don’t care about drinking, or about meeting anyone, I go to the club to dance. But before I met my boyfriend he use to go to the club with this other girl. There’s pics of him and her on his fb and they were out at the club (he still has those). He had a crush on her. He said in a message to her about going out (3 months before we met). But when I ask it’s a straight up no.... I’ve asked a couple of times. I have never made a real fuss about it, but I can’t say it doesn’t bother me and it makes me feel.... Well not good. I have low self esteem to start with, so I tend to think it has to do with me. He seems to love me, but... what’s his deal? We both aren’t big on drinking or the club scene, but that doesn’t mean we can’t go dancing every now and then. I just don’t know what to think anymore or how I feel. I guess I’m confused as to why and I’m a little hurt. Does anyone else have/had this problem and know why?
Reply 1
Maybe he doesn't want to go clubbing now that he has you? A lot of people go to hook up so perhaps he doesn't want you to get jealous if girls start hitting on him.
You've acknowledged that he isn't into the club scene? He may have gone along previously just to tag along with mates. Have you actually asked him of he likes dancing? If he does, there are other ways to enjoy dancing without going to a club
Good Luck
Sounds like he cares for you but does not want to be seen out in public with you?
Reply 4
He is piping them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending