The Student Room Group

Edge Hill Midwifery Applicants

Hi everyone!

I have an upcoming midwifery interview at EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY on the 12th January 2018!!!!!!
I am nervous yet excited and I can say I will be in for A LONG JOURNEY! 4 HRS!
THE UNIVERSITY HOWEVER IS BEAUTIFUL!

Has anyone else been invited for this date?
Also how are you preparing?

Also if you have already been as I am aware some people have had their interviews on the 13th or 14th December which is today! Please do come and say how it went and any advice etc! Especially with regards to the literacy and maths tests, pointers would be very much appreciated! Also if it is your firm choice.

Midwifery applicants: please also post your university options, your upcoming interviews, offers and rejections ( we are here to support).

Good luck and I hope all aspiring midwifery applicants get their firm choice! xx:smile::tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Please do come and post!!
Reply 2
do you mean 12th January 2018?

I havent applied for the Midwifery course, but applied for a different cause at Edge Hill because of my heart just fell in love with the course, the uni and surrounding areas. Similar position with the long commute when I attended my interview
Reply 3
Yes sorry!!
Hello! I’ve got a midwifery interview for Edge hill! Next Friday at half 8! I’m so nervous haven’t even had time to look at anything to prepare had so many assignments to do! Still have two in for next week😭xx
Reply 5
Original post by Lucylou15
Hello! I’ve got a midwifery interview for Edge hill! Next Friday at half 8! I’m so nervous haven’t even had time to look at anything to prepare had so many assignments to do! Still have two in for next week😭xx

good luck xx
Original post by Midwife
good luck xx

Thank you! I think it went okay😂 I passed the maths and English and got to the interview stage, wonder when everyone starts to hear back of the uni! Either a rejection or acceptance...
Reply 7
Thank you! I think it went okay😂 I passed the maths and English and got to the interview stage, wonder when everyone starts to hear back of the uni! Either a rejection or acceptance...

Omg!!! Well done were the papers okay???
Was the university pretty?
How was the interview!!!
Mine is upcoming x
were there a lot of applicants??
Original post by Midwife
Omg!!! Well done were the papers okay???
Was the university pretty?
How was the interview!!!
Mine is upcoming x
were there a lot of applicants??

The uni was so beautiful! The English was easy, the maths I found hard but some how managed to pass it😂
I was so nervous waiting for the interview as I was the last one but they were lovely, I did stumble on my words the first question but managed to pull myself some what together for the rest. There were around 40people on the day! Good luck for your interview! When is it x
Reply 9
The uni was so beautiful! The English was easy, the maths I found hard but some how managed to pass it😂
I was so nervous waiting for the interview as I was the last one but they were lovely, I did stumble on my words the first question but managed to pull myself some what together for the rest. There were around 40people on the day! Good luck for your interview! When is it x

What was the english like, spelling etc? well done for passing maths what topics were there, is it basic?
Was the interview one to one? hope you did well
and did you get a tour
mine is in FEB
Original post by Midwife
What was the english like, spelling etc? well done for passing maths what topics were there, is it basic?
Was the interview one to one? hope you did well
and did you get a tour
mine is in FEB

Just basic math really, English was basic too, yeah the interview was one on one and no we didn’t get a tour of the uni!
Reply 11
Just basic math really, English was basic too, yeah the interview was one on one and no we didn’t get a tour of the uni!

Awww well hope you do well!!!
where else have you applied, is edge hill your firm if you get an offer?
Hi I have my interview on Thursday and I am terrified for the maths and English tests, as maths isn’t my best subject, what kind of questions was it??
Hi Jordan I’m a third year at EH. We don’t give info out on the exact nature of the maths and English tests as obvs this wouldn’t be a fair assessment and they also change! Just prepare for basic maths, keep calm and make sure you read the questions properly and you’ll do fine 😊 English wise just don’t rush and try to communicate your thoughts as best you can. I’ll be there helping out as a student tomorrow. Good luck x
Original post by LauraDora95
Hi Jordan I’m a third year at EH. We don’t give info out on the exact nature of the maths and English tests as obvs this wouldn’t be a fair assessment and they also change! Just prepare for basic maths, keep calm and make sure you read the questions properly and you’ll do fine 😊 English wise just don’t rush and try to communicate your thoughts as best you can. I’ll be there helping out as a student tomorrow. Good luck x

do you study midwifery at edge hill????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending