• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Even if it's not a viable option, what would be your dream job? Can you see yourself getting there based on how things are now? :work:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Even if it's not a viable option, what would be your dream job? Can you see yourself getting there based on how things are now? :work:
    Getting paid to sleep would be a dream job :ahee:

Spoiler:
    Show

But seriously I'd probably want to end up doing designing for a top company like Google...hopefully that can happen after my master's next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to work in law for charities like Amnesty International or WWF.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Senior Civil Servant at the Cabinet Office or the FCO.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Professional Footballer

But as I am not gifted enough to be one, a Broadcast Journalist with my own Radio Show on National or local Radio
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    illustrator

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a job where I get paid to do nothing. Unfortunately I can't see myself getting there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Getting paid to go to the gym for a certain amount of hours per week. I'd not only get paid but it'd stop me slacking off on some days, win-win :top:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Is it bad that I don't have one? I just don't know what to do! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Getting paid to go to the gym for a certain amount of hours per week. I'd not only get paid but it'd stop me slacking off on some days, win-win :top:
    Fitness model or Mr. Olympia.

ReputationRep:
    A professor of Philosophy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PhilAndTheo)
    Fitness model or Mr. Olympia.
    Most Mr Olympia competitors have normal jobs outside of bodybuilding, the Olympias and sponsorships don't pay anywhere close to a full time wage. Some fitness models manage to make a full-time career out of it, but this generally means gaining a huge social media following and making that YouTube money as well as launching their own supplement and merchandise companies once they're popular. Only a select few with amazing genetics, social media savviness and an interesting personality can actually make a full-time wage out of it.

ReputationRep:
    SURGEON :yep:

ReputationRep:
    An author or music journalist

ReputationRep:
    Im not saying my dream job but the job i will do. a soldier to go free my country from oppression.

Im Palestinian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Most Mr Olympia competitors have normal jobs outside of bodybuilding, the Olympias and sponsorships don't pay anywhere close to a full time wage. Some fitness models manage to make a full-time career out of it, but this generally means gaining a huge social media following and making that YouTube money as well as launching their own supplement and merchandise companies once they're popular. Only a select few with amazing genetics, social media savviness and an interesting personality can actually make a full-time wage out of it.
    I believe you can do it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PhilAndTheo)
    I believe you can do it
    I appreciate the support but I have zero interest in it tbh, never been much of a social media user and I feel a bit weird about running a YouTube channel and keeping everyone up to date with my life and stuff. You become a public personality with this sort of thing so you need that desire to become at least semi-famous, and I'm quite a private person who just wants a peaceful life
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    NFL player.

ReputationRep:
    create a startup and sell it for millions and then go around the world investing in businesses and having time of life - penthouse airbnb, rent supercars, spend all kinds of money on nights out, doing cool ****, getting laid a lot

ReputationRep:
    Can you see yourself getting there based on how things are now? :work:
    No.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.