Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have any tattoos, if so , what have you got done? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what the title says.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should ask! Why yes I do

I have a half sleeve on my left arm consisting of a samurai warrior down the back of my arm, Chinese symbols and a crown on the outside of the arm, and a cherry blossom tree running along my bicep with a couple of branches passing onto my chest! All done in a very dark heavy style with some reds and oranges on the leaves of the cherry blossom trees only! What about yourself??

ReputationRep:
    I have a rose/raincloud on my wrist and a one eyed owl on my upper arm, both in shades of blue! I want to get a lot of Norse mythology themed tattoos but those ones were just for fun 😊
    (was going to put a picture up but apparently I don't have any on my phone wow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveboi115)
    Funny you should ask! Why yes I do

I have a half sleeve on my left arm consisting of a samurai warrior down the back of my arm, Chinese symbols and a crown on the outside of the arm, and a cherry blossom tree running along my bicep with a couple of branches passing onto my chest! All done in a very dark heavy style with some reds and oranges on the leaves of the cherry blossom trees only! What about yourself??
    Lool yeah , the previous thread you posted got me thinking of making this one 😀. I basically have a medium sized cross on my chest , and the devil holding a bottle of vodka and cards on my left forearm . I want to get my whole left sleeve done at some point , i have alot of ideas lool. both of your tattoos sound really cool, how much did they cost? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No$feratu)
    Lool yeah , the previous thread you posted got me thinking of making this one 😀. I basically have a medium sized cross on my chest , and the devil holding a bottle of vodka and cards on my left forearm . I want to get my whole left sleeve done at some point , i have alot of ideas lool. both of your tattoos sound really cool, how much did they cost? .
    Haha I seen that :P Yours sound cool man! I managed to get mine done in a day sat so it cost me £450 all in! It was a long day though, 7 hours of rattling and it felt like he was rubbing my arm with sandpaper by the end of it lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've 2 and would like a 3rd one.

Have the celtic symbol for strength on my right inner forearm, and a letters and numbers monogram on my left bicep.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  F6BA42B9-C710-40EA-ADCD-AF86F744B364.jpg.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  61.3 KB

I knew I had one somewhere 👍🏼
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Name:  F6BA42B9-C710-40EA-ADCD-AF86F744B364.jpg.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  61.3 KB

I knew I had one somewhere 👍🏼
    omdsss that looks pengg
    i luv the design x

ReputationRep:
    Haha I seen that :P Yours sound cool man! I managed to get mine done in a day sat so it cost me £450 all in! It was a long day though, 7 hours of rattling and it felt like he was rubbing my arm with sandpaper by the end of it lol
    £450 is pretty good. My cross cost me about £90. The artist wasn’t that good though and it wasn’t that detailed. My forearm tattoo cost about £220 but i got it done in london and it was worth every penny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    omdsss that looks pengg
    i luv the design x
    Why thank you!

Artist called Ritchie Connor on fb from Primal ink in Northern Ireland here. His style is dark like that with a variety of hard outlines and soft edged shading and I thought he would be perfect for this piece. I can’t say I was wrong :P

Have you any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No$feratu)
    £450 is pretty good. My cross cost me about £90. The artist wasn’t that good though and it wasn’t that detailed. My forearm tattoo cost about £220 but i got it done in london and it was worth every penny.
    I would absolutely love my forearm done to be honest I think it’s one of the nicest spots for a tattoo but I don’t know what i’d get! I’m waiting to properly design my right arm sleeve which is going to be all sciencey because I’m a scientist #geekingout
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why thank you!

Artist called Ritchie Connor on fb from Primal ink in Northern Ireland here. His style is dark like that with a variety of hard outlines and soft edged shading and I thought he would be perfect for this piece. I can’t say I was wrong :P

Have you any?
    lol no i dont, but that design looks great, the colours and texture are very good, is that the design u have on ur arm, or are u thinking about getting a similar one?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! That’s my own one! I actually had the Chinese symbols and crown separately. On their own they were my first tattoo and then I got it added to with the samurai and cherry blossom tree and he tied it all in together! I’m designing my other arm sleeve atm so I’m looking forward to getting that started!!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! That’s my own one! I actually had the Chinese symbols and crown separately. On their own they were my first tattoo and then I got it added to with the samurai and cherry blossom tree and he tied it all in together! I’m designing my other arm sleeve atm so I’m looking forward to getting that started!!
    Will you get both arms sleeved in the future and will you get any piercings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt999_)
    Will you get both arms sleeved in the future and will you get any piercings?
    I think for now half sleeves are where I will stick although I’ll probably turn them into chest plates! It’s weird because I love forearm tattoos though! As for piercings they aren’t for me I don’t think I would suit them!

ReputationRep:
    I think for now half sleeves are where I will stick although I’ll probably turn them into chest plates! It’s weird because I love forearm tattoos though! As for piercings they aren’t for me I don’t think I would suit them!
    I think your half sleeve looks really cool and well done. I've been thinking about getting a Japanese style tattoo on my arm as well. How did your parents react when you showed them your tattoos and do/did any other students at your uni have tattoos?

ReputationRep:
    I think your half sleeve looks really cool and well done. I've been thinking about getting a Japanese style tattoo on my arm as well. How did your parents react when you showed them your tattoos and do/did any other students at your uni have tattoos?
    My parents were fine with it! To be fair I have been telling them from I was about 15 I wanted tattoos and I’ve always told them I would never have something I hadn’t thought about properly! (I got my sleeve at 20) I had a design in mind which i showed them and kept showing them to prove I was sure! At Uni loads of people have tattoos haha most of them are reasonably hidden to be fair but a lot of people definitely have them!

If anything the only people who advised me to just “be careful” were a few of my sisters friends who are in the medical field the same as myself but to be honest I think the stereotypes are fading away thankfully so I’m not worried! Plus it can all be hidden by a shirt!

ReputationRep:
    My parents were fine with it! To be fair I have been telling them from I was about 15 I wanted tattoos and I’ve always told them I would never have something I hadn’t thought about properly! (I got my sleeve at 20) I had a design in mind which i showed them and kept showing them to prove I was sure! At Uni loads of people have tattoos haha most of them are reasonably hidden to be fair but a lot of people definitely have them!

If anything the only people who advised me to just “be careful” were a few of my sisters friends who are in the medical field the same as myself but to be honest I think the stereotypes are fading away thankfully so I’m not worried! Plus it can all be hidden by a shirt!
    Lastly, what was the pain like and if you don't mind me asking what is the meaning behind the crown and the Chinese characters?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have 14 of them.
    They’re mostly script of words that are very special to me. I have a blue rose on my collarbone, a treble clef and two hearts on my left wrist- they’re the only pictorial ones but the hearts and treble clef are part of script tattoos.

ReputationRep:
    Lastly, what was the pain like and if you don't mind me asking what is the meaning behind the crown and the Chinese characters?
    Haha I don’t mind answering questions about my tattoos at all! :P ... So the Chinese characters are Ja Ting which is Chinese for family! The crown itself is a design for my family, so the key part of the crown is actually the four suits of a deck of cards that’s among the top of the rim! Each represents a different member of my family for a specific reason such as the clubs represent my dad because he owns and runs a karate club that I have trained at for 15 years now, the heart is for my mother because I’m a mommas boy really haha, the diamond is for my sister because she really likes expensive things and I feel extremely sorry for her boyfriend lol, and the spade is for my other sister because she got married and moved to England and we have a saying here in Lurgan Northern Ireland where I’m from which is “No matter where you go, you’ll always be a Lurgan spade” ! The card suits because I’m a card magician. They all have their own separate little meanings that mean nothing to anyone else but they mean the world to me and that’s what makes the perfect tattoo in my opinions! The samurai and cherry blossom have their meanings too! It’s all been planned and tight out!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2017
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.