The Student Room Group

gcse ART coursework help pls thanks

we have got to the bit in art where all the coursework is "finished" (its not) and we have a bit of time before the topic for our final piece is announced and we have to start working on that. i want to use this time well seeing as im hoping to get high grades in art but i dont know where to start. ive got a sketchbook of coursework from year 10 and 11 and pretty much everythings done but not very well. does anyone have any advice on how to get my art sketchbook from a grade D to like A* (or in other words just improve it alot). Obviously i cant ask for specific help with my work but any general tips that anyone has, that would be amazing. Thank you.
Reply 1
I did art gcse and one of the main things is annotation. What I did was take pictures of my original work, and then worked on them to make them better, so that when it came to annotation I could comment on the things I changed and improved, whilst providing pictures of my old work so they can see the changes, which examiners like because it shows a critical approach to your work. in terms of improving the pieces it'll be best to ask your teacher, it might only be a few things like adding shading which shouldn't take you too long! Make sure you write really good and detailed annotation, it can really improve your grade. good luck, i know how hard art gcse can be!

Quick Reply

Latest