The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

W101 Module February start?

Hi! Anyone starting the W101 module this upcoming Feb? Or currently studying Criminology and Law and could give some advice?
Reply 1
I've been studying W101 since October and it's been challenging - especially the first TMA, but so so interesting (which makes it worth while) :u:

The only advice I could give is to sit back and enjoy it and to totally use your tutor! At first I was hesident to email or text my tutor but now I have a few times, I realise how great it is.. so, remember that when you're ever stuck or confused, call them ! Some of the concepts can be hard to digest so hearing it from your tutor can really help to understand things better =)

If you want to ask anything in particular, just mail me. Although I have only been studying since October so I don't know everything :angelblush:

What made you take Crim with Law instead of the LLB can I ask? =)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Fwd
I've been studying W101 since October and it's been challenging - especially the first TMA, but so so interesting (which makes it worth while) :u:

The only advice I could give is to sit back and enjoy it and to totally use your tutor! At first I was hesident to email or text my tutor but now I have a few times, I realise how great it is.. so, remember that when you're ever stuck or confused, call them ! Some of the concepts can be hard to digest so hearing it from your tutor can really help to understand things better =)

If you want to ask anything in particular, just mail me. Although I have only been studying since October so I don't know everything :angelblush:

What made you take Crim with Law instead of the LLB can I ask? =)

Thank you so much! Yeah a lot of people have said it's quite challenging but defo worth it. Is the tutor okay with being contacted for help tho? May sound silly but I could imagine having loads of students ask a lot of questions could be quite tiring! What are the other students like in your module? Are the resources provided good enough for you to understand and all?

I didn't actually fully look into the LLB I've always been interested within criminology so once I looked at this course in particular I was really interested in each module and the type of info that was presented on there!
Reply 3
Original post by chloelcook
Thank you so much! Yeah a lot of people have said it's quite challenging but defo worth it. Is the tutor okay with being contacted for help tho? May sound silly but I could imagine having loads of students ask a lot of questions could be quite tiring! What are the other students like in your module? Are the resources provided good enough for you to understand and all?

I didn't actually fully look into the LLB I've always been interested within criminology so once I looked at this course in particular I was really interested in each module and the type of info that was presented on there!

Tutors are 100% ok with you asking for help, even if it's often! When my module first started, my tutor sent a group email telling everyone to just send her a text saying 'help' and she would call us asap :giggle: She sends us an email every 2 - 3 weeks checking on us or reminding us she is only an email or text away, so they definitely want you to feel comfortable contacting them :smile:

I haven't spoke to the other students that much, but there is a 'tutor group forum' on the OU website which is for everyone on W101 with the same tutor, and the tutor and a few students are always posting in there which is cool.
There's also a facebook group called 'Law W101/102' which is fuullllllll of students and the group is very active, people are always posting questions or advice and people are chatting so if you haven't joined that, you really should! =)

And ya, the OU resources are really good. Sometimes I have to google a word or a concept to understand it a bit more or watch a quick youtube video etc but most of the time everything on the module material is all you need to understand:h:

A lot of people do the Criminology so it must be great, sounds like you definitely picked the right one :biggrin: From what I've read about it, it sounds super interesting too :smile:
Reply 4
HI ThanksI am starting W101 in 3rd Feb and totly confusedHow to start?Where to start?Please help if its posible?
Reply 5
HI
I am Starting W101 in 3 Feb and i am confused
where to start?
how to start ?
any help please ?
Reply 6
Original post by Rizvv4n
HI
I am Starting W101 in 3 Feb and i am confused
where to start?
how to start ?
any help please ?

Hi, I will more than happily help you but i'm unsure what you mean when you ask where and how to start?
Hi i am starting and just about to tackle first Tma not sure how to start .

Quick Reply

Latest