The Student Room Group

BBC Predicted but reference states that i should get ABB.

As of now i have currently been predicted a BBC, My teachers feel that I have been been predicted too low for maths and physics however the heads of department will not change my grades. In order to get around this, in my reference it states I can achieve 1 grade higher for both subjects.Will this help me?Should I still apply for ABB universities?
You could just wait until results day so when you do better than BBC you can ring up better universities (in “readjustment” /clearing). That’s kinda my plan
You can try but you'll probably be rejected if you don't meet their requirements.
work hard and then take a gap year?
Original post by PiggyBank
As of now i have currently been predicted a BBC, My teachers feel that I have been been predicted too low for maths and physics however the heads of department will not change my grades. In order to get around this, in my reference it states I can achieve 1 grade higher for both subjects.Will this help me?Should I still apply for ABB universities?

Im in a very similar position as you
I think waiting till results day for clearing and adjustment will be the solution I guess
I heard that admissions read the teachers references first so it may help. Theres no harm in applying to unis with higher grade requirements tho. Im applying to ones that ask for BCC- BBB and then when I smash out my grades with As I will apply through clearing
It's a shame they wouldn't change your predicted grades, that seems awfully unfair, definitely try applying to some higher grade universities as well as some that match your targets then you can have a firm and a solid insurance.
Just don't rely on clearing as clearing is very dependant on which courses have places left and at which universities. Quite often it's the obscure degree courses that get left with spaces. Of course that's not me saying don't use it if you for some reason don't get offers from the higher grade universities but at least try to get an offer from them first instead of setting your head entirely on clearing as clearing can be a matter of luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by EmilySarah00
It's a shame they wouldn't change your predicted grades, that seems awfully unfair, definitely try applying to some higher grade universities as well as some that match your targets then you can have a firm and a solid insurance.
Just don't rely on clearing as clearing is very dependant on which courses have places left and at which universities. Quite often it's the obscure degree courses that get left with spaces. Of course that's not me saying don't use it if you for some reason don't get offers from the higher grade universities but at least try to get an offer from them first instead of setting your head entirely on clearing as clearing can be a matter of luck.

Thats such a lie
Every year the main unis and russell groups come up and so many of their main courses come up too
Dont believe that myth
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Thats such a lie
Every year the main unis and russell groups come up and so many of their main courses come up too
Dont believe that myth

All I’m saying is you’re not guaranteed to be able to go exactly where you want go via clearing and that is fact.
Original post by EmilySarah00
All I’m saying is you’re not guaranteed to be able to go exactly where you want go via clearing and that is fact.

You didnt say that
Reply 9
Original post by PiggyBank

You are likely to get at least one offer from an ABB university. Apply to a couple at that level, plus some that have lower requirements.

Worst case you will have Adjustment or Clearing (which are not a major problem). Best case you get the higher offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest