The Student Room Group

Does cologne make a difference?

Need some girls' opinions regarding cologne.

How much of a difference does it make when a guy wears a good cologne?

Is it blatantly obvious and does it potentially make you more attracted to him?

What are your opinions on Lynx/Axe body spray? Even as a dude I think it smells super cheap and disgusting. I see people spraying it all over themselves and it kind of makes me cringe ngl :biggrin: (I also have minor asthma so it makes me cough)

Thoughts!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No I love the smell of sweat 😍
nah not really, especially if the guy wears too much of it and it ends up mixing with body odour
But guys who wear perfume, for me thats attractive, but if they wear too much off it, it might show that they want attention and for girls to think that they smell good.
So too much armpit spray puts me off, but a right amount of perfume does not
Reply 3
Original post by FloralLuxe
No I love the smell of sweat 😍

Ahhh yes the good old smell of sweat. Why shower right? :biggrin:
Yh lynx and axe does smell like cheap $hit because it is and that's deodorant not cologne. Get Versace or Dolce & Gabbana cologne
Reply 5
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
nah not really, especially if the guy wears too much of it and it ends up mixing with body odour
But guys who wear perfume, for me thats attractive, but if they wear too much off it, it might show that they want attention and for girls to think that they smell good.
So too much armpit spray puts me off, but a right amount of perfume does not

It sounds like I'm doing something right :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Xopher_
It sounds like I'm doing something right :biggrin:

Spoiler

wait are u wearing body perfume to attract girls?
I don't like any of these smells.

A man should smell of his own natural scent, his sweat and a hint of what ever he uses and in general he should be very clean. I don't understand when women speak of men "smelling good" when hes just used perfume or what ever. You are just breathing in a load of chemicals and this isn't your lover.

Do you not wish to breathe him in and let his scent explode inside of you. Gosh it must be hot.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Hirsty97
Yh lynx and axe does smell like cheap $hit because it is and that's deodorant not cologne. Get Versace or Dolce & Gabbana cologne

Paco Rabanne 1 million does the job :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
wait are u wearing body perfume to attract girls?

No. I got some cologne for my birthday and wondered if it actually makes any difference at all to girls
Reply 10
Original post by GrownBird
I don't like any of these smells.

A man should smell of his own natural scent, his sweat and a hint of what ever he uses and in general he should be very clean. I don't understand when women speak of men "smelling good" when hes just used perfume or what ever. You are just breathing in a load of chemicals and this isn't your lover.

Do you not wish to breathe him in and let his scent explode inside of you. Gosh it must be hot.

Definitely gonna run a marathon before I go to college every morning then :smile:
Original post by Xopher_
Paco Rabanne 1 million does the job :smile:

NO. Absolutely none of this stuff. its all cheap in my eyes.

He needs to smell of himself.
Original post by Xopher_
Definitely gonna run a marathon before I go to college every morning then :smile:

I am speaking about my lover. I am sure your partner will find this beautiful.
Original post by Xopher_
No. I got some cologne for my birthday and wondered if it actually makes any difference at all to girls

ohhh lol, i mean in my personal opinion colonge is a positive thing for a guy, i wouldnt want him smelling like some bad odour, that would defo put me off and never go near him again- (abit extreme, but my opinion) as long as the colonge smells peng then it is calmmm :smile:
Reply 14
NO. Absolutely none of this stuff. its all cheap in my eyes.

He needs to smell of himself.

It's not cheap, but fair enough, thanks for the input
Why doesn't anybody agree with me :frown:
Original post by Xopher_
It's not cheap, but fair enough, thanks for the input

"Cheap" isn't always about price when speaking of goods.

What do you use to wash your body?
Original post by Xopher_
Need some girls' opinions regarding cologne.

How much of a difference does it make when a guy wears a good cologne?

Is it blatantly obvious and does it potentially make you more attracted to him?

What are your opinions on Lynx/Axe body spray? Even as a dude I think it smells super cheap and disgusting. I see people spraying it all over themselves and it kind of makes me cringe ngl :biggrin: (I also have minor asthma so it makes me cough)

Thoughts!

Yes, it does make a difference. Especially when a guy in a suit walks past with a nice smell :h:
Original post by GreenBell
Yes, it does make a difference. Especially when a guy in a suit walks past with a nice smell :h:

I always make a dirty face when this happens. I don't like this at all.
I always make a dirty face when this happens. I don't like this at all.

Really? Why? That's very odd.

Quick Reply

Latest