The Student Room Group

Help

Can I become a nurse when working in a nursing home not a hospital ? I have a level5 diploma and 13 years of experience in care I need to train and be able to work at the same time is it possible some people say you can convert with having a level 5 is this possible please help
No, you need to study nursing and undertake placements in a variety of clinical environments.

There is talk of these new nurse associates having the opportunity to top up their training "apprenticeship" style, though I've not seen much about it yet and our first lot of associates haven't even qualified yet.

This apprenticeship sounds like the way we used to second HCAs to train for all intents and purposes.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Frankie2017
Can I become a nurse when working in a nursing home not a hospital ? I have a level5 diploma and 13 years of experience in care I need to train and be able to work at the same time is it possible some people say you can convert with having a level 5 is this possible please help

At present, the NMC requires you to have a wide range of clinical placements, which will include acute medical, surgical, long term care and community. This is to ensure you have the adequate skills for practicing as a qualified nurse.

You may be able to continue bank work in a nursing home whilst at university, but this really depends on how well you can manage working lots of shifts and whether you can maintain your academic work alongside this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending