Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Christian Union watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I am christian, that won't stop me challenging other's traditions/worship methods, it is just in my nature.
    out of curiosity, what denomination do you associate yourself with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But in the debate forum, not this thread
    But then you have athiests joining in as well, as it is fair game in D+D, whereas a CU thread is devoted for christians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    out of curiosity, what denomination do you associate yourself with?
    I am a baptist.

ReputationRep:
    Grow up! what on earth are you going on about, if you read the UKL FAQ, you will see it states that the use of correct spelling and grammar is encouraged.
    In case you hadn't noticed we're on the general chatter thread!! Surely that means people can slip out of perfect spelling mode and talk how they normally would? We all have different veiws about it though!

And you do need to grow up, you're acting like my 13 year old brothers do with me! That has to be saying something!

xmiss ladyx

ReputationRep:
    I am a baptist.
    Interesting...generally, it's baptists' worship methods which are the most publicly criticised i would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmiss ladyx)
    In case you hadn't noticed we're on the general chatter thread!! Surely that means people can slip out of perfect spelling mode and talk how they normally would? We all have different veiws about it though!

And you do need to grow up, you're acting like my 13 year old brothers do with me! That has to be saying something!

xmiss ladyx
    no offence, but please stop arguing! For goodness sake, just let it go. Breathe. Deeply.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I created this thread because I thought it would be a good idea.

I want to use it for Christians to chat and share ideas.

We can chat about faith issues or just discuss other things, like Christian bands/books/concerts etc.

I'm not trying to discriminate against non-believers!
    Its just a thread where we can chat about our Christian lives.

Please, lets not argue or disagree.
    Let this thread be a HAPPY thread

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Interesting...generally, it's baptists' worship methods which are the most publicly criticised i would have thought.
    and what critasisms would you have of it then?

ReputationRep:
    I would join, but I am sure I would just get chucked out, I have a nasty habit of picking holes in other denominations.
    im a methodist......whats everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Scientologist. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Scientologist. :eek:
    *claps for whitey*

ReputationRep:
    *claps for whitey*
    You see, it's a religion that makes so much sense - essentially, you give them your money, and you'll go to heaven!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join but i'm a catholic..and a fairly bad one at that...

ReputationRep:

anglican/church of england/episcopalian, whatever you want to call it!

And wiwarin mir, i wasn't saying that i personally have any criticism of the baptist church, just that in general the most publicly slandered (ie, the one that gets the mick taken) is baptist for it's....liberal....approach to praise and worship etc. But hey, the way i see it is however people wish to express their love of god is fine by me (so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykins)
    I'd love to join but i'm a catholic..and a fairly bad one at that...
    erm, catholics ARE christians...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    erm, catholics ARE christians...
    there are stark differences...after all christians and catholics have been fighting against each other for years

ReputationRep:
    there are stark differences...after all christians and catholics have been fighting against each other for years
    nooooo, protestants and catholics have been fighting for years. Catholics and protestants are different types of CHRISTIANS.

Webster: Catholic/n/: a person who belongs to the universal christian church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    nooooo, protestants and catholics have been fighting for years. Catholics and protestants are different types of CHRISTIANS.

Webster: Catholic/n/: a person who belongs to the universal christian church
    tbh i still class myself as catholic rather than a christian...in fact...i'm so lapsed and have gone against so much of what i was taught...that in actual fact...i don't class as anything...it was just a catholic upbrining...

ReputationRep:
    tbh i still class myself as catholic rather than a christian...in fact...i'm so lapsed and have gone against so much of what i was taught...that in actual fact...i don't class as anything...it was just a catholic upbrining...

but dear, you can't seperate the two. That's like saying you classify yourself as a woman instead of a human. And if you've gone against it, then indeed, you aren't a catholic. No two ways about it. In my opinion, people who call themselves christian or muslim or hindu or whatever just because they have parents belonging to that religion haven't really thought things through clearly enough to belong to any religion.

ReputationRep:
    i went to a catholic school and practised as a catholic until i turned about 17 and realised it was far too restrictive. Fair enough christians can be 7th day adventists or whatever...but we all stand for different things..just under one large umbrella..with a few same bits...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.