The Student Room Group

Do people really care about others or is this a lonely world?

Do you have friends who care about you?

Scroll to see replies

Lonely by Akon is my national anthem.
Reply 2
Someone said to me

please never assume that a person doesn't care about you just because they haven't told you so

What does this mean? Is this possible?
(edited 6 years ago)
who in your life do you care about? maybe you should start focussing on caring about other people and helping them which would be a good thing in itself and and it will take your mind off being the one to be cared about...
Reply 4
Original post by applesforme
who in your life do you care about? maybe you should start focussing on caring about other people and helping them which would be a good thing in itself and and it will take your mind off being the one to be cared about...

I care about others but am too naturally shy to show it.
Reply 5
It really depends who it is but i’d like to assume my friends give us much care to me as i’d like to give to them?
yes, my friends do care about me, otherwise they wouldnt be my friends.
I've cared more about others than they have cared about me. I don't bother anymore now.
Reply 8
Why do you think they have to be mutually exclusive? Why can't it be both?

This is is a false dichotomy. Yes, the world is a lonely place because you will ultimately always end up alone. People will always end up leaving each other somehow; either simply through the parting of ways or through death. However; that does not mean there is nobody there who cares about you. You're surrounded by people who love you. They really truly do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tomm98
Do you have friends who care about you?

I care about people.
The greatest advise i have ever received tells a lot about the world...its a complicated terrain: the advise is never trust anyone but always love and care for them .....in other words treat people right but beware of evil because even friends can betray us and mate you arent alone because soul mates exist .
most important relationship is with yourself
People only care about themselves, most successful people know this.
You never know what others are going through so I always try to let people know that they are appreciated
I know I sincerely cared about all my friends. I'd be the kind of person who slept on a corridor in my own house to help a friend who couldn't extend his tenancy have the peace and quiet in my dorm to finish his work. I'd be the kind of friend who would stay up all night and bring you food in the library to help you finish an assignment, because I know how good you are when you're not stressed, and I want all the best for you. I'd be the kind of friend who would essentially put myself on second place if I had to help you. I know some might say that is too much, or too silly, but that has always been my nature, and I'm happy with being myself. I always -for some weird reason- always drew out more happiness from others than from my own self.

I have no friends left now, except for one that became my fiancé. And this taught me too things: there are true friends in this world, but they are very few.
I don't care about superficial friendships, I learnt to be as superficial in return. True friendship is like family for me, and nowadays, people look into a different kind of friendship than before.
My friends somewhat care about me, tbh I'm probably the only person that doesn't care if they had real friends or fake friends because I don't really care about friends (sorry guys if you're reading this :colondollar:) but it's the truth.
ALOT of people couldn't give two shits about their friends- I promise
Same, you must care about family though?
nah all my friends are selfish and only care about themselves

but thats ok because I only care about myself too

its every person for themselves, we should learn not to be dependent on others, no matter how much they say they love you - doesn't mean they will always be there to save you. learn how to look after yourself
yes

Quick Reply

Latest