velvet crystals
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm wanting to pursue graphic design as a career and I'm at the point of picking my A levels. My options are: design & technology (graphics), media studies, photography and computer science.

My main issue is that I can only pick three so it's between photography and media studies, so which one is more beneficial for a graphic design career?

Also, is computer science as good option to help my graphic design or is it completely different direction ?

Thank you
- velvet crystals
Study With Myk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Choose media studies it has more to offer and in graphics and design the things we choose to do are according to our skills and our hearts...follow your heart
velvet crystals
Rep:
?
(Original post by Study With Myk)
Choose media studies it has more to offer and in graphics and design the things we choose to do are according to our skills and our hearts...follow your heart
Thank you for the advice also do you think that computer science is a good option to consider for graphic design if I enjoy it?
Study With Myk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you know you can combine computer science and graphic design right, personally i think its just amazing

(Original post by velvet crystals)
Thank you for the advice also do you think that computer science is a good option to consider for graphic design if I enjoy it?
velvet crystals
Rep:
?
(Original post by Study With Myk)
you know you can combine computer science and graphic design right, personally i think its just amazing
Thanks for the advice, this may seem like a ood question though but how do computer science and graphic design connect?
Study With Myk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by velvet crystals)
Thanks for the advice, this may seem like a ood question though but how do computer science and graphic design connect?
Computer science has computer graphic design in it
Kirby...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I honestly suggest you pick other subjects, unless you do not understand the media. Computer science I get, so if you wanna do it go for it. However stuff like photography you can learn yourself with YouTube videos and buying a camera yourself. Who doesn't understand how the media works? Graphics design you can definitely learn at home with the internet and such. If its an issue that you can't supply the resources yourself then I understand and do what you think is best. But if you can afford these things I would suggest you do other subjects your interested in, giving you more options and experience for the future. Just saying that a graphic designers career is built up on producing a collection of designs rather than qualifications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?