The Student Room Group

UCAS Buzzword

I've taken a gap and now applying to UCAS as an individual. I was informed of a Buzzword so that the college would sort out my reference and I went and got it off my college's receptionist. The trouble is I am now waiting on my college to decide whether or not they will write my reference. I am now concerned that I won't get my application sent in time because they have just left for Christmas today and won't be returning until the 2nd of January. What should I do?
Original post by Kieron_Grove
I've taken a gap and now applying to UCAS as an individual. I was informed of a Buzzword so that the college would sort out my reference and I went and got it off my college's receptionist. The trouble is I am now waiting on my college to decide whether or not they will write my reference. I am now concerned that I won't get my application sent in time because they have just left for Christmas today and won't be returning until the 2nd of January. What should I do?

Im sure someone will be avaliabe by email? Have you tried emailing the school? If not unfortunatley theres not much that can be done apart from watiting. The thing is there will still be 2 weeks from the second of January. As the deadline is on the 15th. Dont panic. All shall be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Kieron_Grove

There's not much you can do. The best you could do is leave a message with the receptionist - it's possible that your teacher will pop in over the holidays, and may be able to pick up a note from you. If you know your teacher's email address, you could try emailing them - if you still have access to school email, you may be able to search the database and find it, or your school may use a standard format (eg [email protected]) that is easily guessable.

The other thing to do is stick a note in your calendar for 9am January 2nd, and make sure you get this sorted then.

If you have any backup options, such as volunteering or work, you may wish to discuss the possibility with them so that if you can't get a school reference sorted in time you can ask someone else.
Original post by MiszShortee786
Im sure someone will be avaliabe by email? Have you tried emailing the school? If not unfortunatley theres not much that can be done apart from watiting. The thing is there will still be 2 weeks from the second of January. As the deadline is on the 15th. Dont panic. All shall be fine.

Original post by Juno
There's not much you can do. The best you could do is leave a message with the receptionist - it's possible that your teacher will pop in over the holidays, and may be able to pick up a note from you. If you know your teacher's email address, you could try emailing them - if you still have access to school email, you may be able to search the database and find it, or your school may use a standard format (eg [email protected]) that is easily guessable.

The other thing to do is stick a note in your calendar for 9am January 2nd, and make sure you get this sorted then.

If you have any backup options, such as volunteering or work, you may wish to discuss the possibility with them so that if you can't get a school reference sorted in time you can ask someone else.

Thanks guys, I'll just keep bugging the people I want to be referee and if that doesn't work just wait

Quick Reply

Latest