Lump on rib cage? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The other day I was sitting leaning forward and noticed what seemed like a hard solid lump protruding from my lower rib cage. I can only feel it whilst sitting or lying in certain positions so can’t quite figure out if it’s part of my rib because it feels bony but also definitely feels separate. It also hurts a little when I feel it and is quite tender. If I’m lying on my side with my hand on it, either something seems to move over it or it moves over something but again it’s a little painful then. I don’t know whether to be concerned about it and don’t want to go to the doctors and look like a total hypochondriac, but I just can’t seem to forget about it. Any ideas what this might be?
futuresomething
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why do people come to TSR for medical advice. GO. TO. A. GP.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Your xiphisternum? If you are that worried go and see a GP.

No one here can diagnose you - they are either lay people (who can't make a diagnosis anyway) or doctors (who shouldn't be making a diagnosis in an internet forum).
No, it’s more on the 8th rib in middle of my left side. I wasn’t looking for a diagnosis of any kind, just for some advice on whether it could be something since it’s quite uncomfortable when doing situps/crunches and I never noticed it before. I just don’t want to go waste my GPs time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads