The Student Room Group

I have literally no friends lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Analyst89
I agree with the others, take baby steps, say hi, smile, engage in some chit-chat with people at the bus stop, hairsdressers, the till workers it could be about christmas anything.

You could join clubs based on your interests, you can volunteer, see what's on at the library and this can lead you to meeting more people and gaining confidence.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!

If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me :smile:

Good luck

That's a wonderful guide you have there! It looks simple but your comments are very true
People have already said this but if you ever want to talk I am an open ear who won't judge you. Just send me a message anytime (and if I can work this darn website :wink: ) I will reply.

Lots of love and support coming your way :smile:

xx

Quick Reply

Latest