The Student Room Group

Video Interview tips

Hi Guys

I have an upcoming video interview for an associate Project Manager role. There's one problem though I have never done a video interview before so this will be a new experience for me. Does anyone have any tips in terms of visual presentation, competency questions etc.

Interview is 30 minutes long.
(edited 6 years ago)
Congrats! I’ve done a fair few of them so here’s a few tips:

1 - dress appropriately as if it was a normal interview and make sure you do it in a quiet room with no background distractions, glare or shouty backgrounds.

2 - get your equipment set up; check the microphone works, my personal preference is to do it on my iPad over my laptop as the sound/video quality is so much better.

3 - know where you should be looking: look directly at the camera then the screen. That’s pretty important and the recruiter would appreciate it! Talk very slow to compose your thoughts and do not rush when nervous

4 - depending on the type of video interview, if it’s one-way then you have time prepare then use your notes during the time in between questions to review this and compose a rough direction you wish you approach the question with a good example. If it’s with someone, make sure you have some good questions to ask in return!
yesss my guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending