The Student Room Group

How often do people get 5/5 offers

How common is it to get offers from all five universities? Especially those who only applied to Russell Groups??
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Smilyswell
How common is it to get offers from all five universities? Especially those who only applied to Russel Groups??

Its not that hard to even get the offers tbh , its harder in achieving those offers
Depends on how ambitious your choices are in comparison to achieved/predicted grades and quality of reference/PS.
Depends on the course in the end.

Not uncommon to see 4/4 rejections for medicine, for instance.
I'm gonna go with not often, but not uncommon either.
How common is it to get offers from all five universities? Especially those who only applied to Russel Groups??

Many of those who receive five offers haven't applied wisely.

Many of those who apply to Russell Group universities can't spell... 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got all 5 but it was for criminology
Original post by ageshallnot
Many of those who receive five offers haven't applied wisely.

Many of those who apply to Russell Group universities can't spell... 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask why getting 5 offers means you’ve applied unwisely?
Original post by SafiaFarzana
May I ask why getting 5 offers means you’ve applied unwisely?

Some people apply too conservatively. The aim is not to get 5 offers but 2-3 from unis which you really want to attend. Rejections from the others don't matter, but too many people fear 'failure'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I got 5/5, 5 years ago.
Original post by ageshallnot
Some people apply too conservatively. The aim is not to get 5 offers but 2-3 from unis which you really want to attend. Rejections from the others don't matter, but too many people fear 'failure'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree that some are held back by their fear of rejection, but I don’t think applying for a course that is almost certainly unattainable is very wise, either. I guess it’s getting the balance of building your confidence and applying realistically.
Reply 11

So far I’ve achieved 4 out of my 5, waiting for Oxford after my interview, they’re all Russel Group. I agree with people saying about grades. I don’t feel as if my personal statement was anything extraordinary and I have no idea how my LNAT went. The offers are very high however.
Original post by SafiaFarzana
I agree that some are held back by their fear of rejection, but I don’t think applying for a course that is almost certainly unattainable is very wise, either. I guess it’s getting the balance of building your confidence and applying realistically.

I'm not suggesting applying way above your limit, but I think too many people apply with too many low choices.
Reply 13
Original post by _gcx
Depends on the course in the end.

Not uncommon to see 4/4 rejections for medicine, for instance.

I applied for Psychology which is quite competitive with high grades but not that hard to get into as basically all universities do it.
I have 5/5 offers from Nottingham Leeds Surrey Strathclyde UCLAN
I would say it's decently common, but less so if it's Russel group unis
It can definitely be done! My predicted grades were AAB, and i applied to 3 places that were asking for AAA, one that was asking for ABB and one BBB. I got a reduced offer for one of the AAA places, an an unconditional for the ABB place! I ended up getting all 5 offers, and im one of the lucky ones as my application was very risky.

The hard bit is deciding where to firm!

Quick Reply

Latest