The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

BA/Bsc economics mixup?

Hi,

I have a question... i got a letter yesterday about personal website on Nottingham. I haven't yet accepted the offer- but i can log in and see details.

Anyways, there it stands i was offered BA Economics, but i wanted Bsc.
Anyways, when applying to UCAS, there was only one economics choice for Nottingham.

On their site, they say that BA/Bsc depends on chosen modules or smth.
It wasn't really detailed...

ANYONE offered place on economics, can you answer?
Reply 1
As they say, whether you get a BA or a BSc at the end of your degree depends on which optional modules you take. As I understand it, the BSc just involves more maths, for example econometrics.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm a first year Economics student. Everyone in their first year of any type of Economics course will be on a BA. The modules you take in your second and third years will determine whether you qualify with a BA or BSc. In the first year, it will help if you choose the slightly harder maths modules if you want to qualify with a BSc.
Reply 3
geoff_yin
I'm a first year Economics student. Everyone in their first year of any type of Economics course will be on a BA. The modules you take in your second and third years will determine whether you qualify with a BA or BSc. In the first year, it will help if you choose the slightly harder maths modules if you want to qualify with a BSc.

Thx, Geoff, that's what i wanted to know. :smile:

When do i chose modules? Do i choose more difficult modules when the Uni starts right away, i mean when the class begins or do i have to do mth earlier?

thx once again!
Reply 4
You choose modules about three weeks into the teaching period. This gives you a chance to go to all the lectures for the modules available and see which ones you would like to study. You don't have to go to all of them mind you, so if you've made your mind up already, you just go to the ones you're actually going to study. After that three week period, you'll have to hand in a module form into reception which gives details on which modules you're going to study. You will also have to put down which modules you're provisionally going to study in semester 2 and you'll be able to change this if needed in February.
Reply 5
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where I could get a copy of the descriptions of the modules available?

And ford, it says that on my login as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending