Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Government and Politics GOV3A/B, GOV4A/B, 11,14th Jun 2018 [Exam discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I thought I should start a thread to do with A2 poltics since I haven't really found one on here. I don't particularly have a question but maybe thought to start a thread that people could come onto to ask for help on anything. I guess my question is how do you effectively revise for politics? . What do you guys do to ensure you get the top marks. I'm quite basic when it comes to revision (I just take down notes from the textbook) so looking out to see how you guys revise.
    Oh ! I don't mind if history students come on here too to share how you lot revise for your exams.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aashamohamed)
    Hey guys, I thought I should start a thread to do with A2 poltics since I haven't really found one on here. I don't particularly have a question but maybe thought to start a thread that people could come onto to ask for help on anything. I guess my question is how do you effectively revise for politics? . What do you guys do to ensure you get the top marks. I'm quite basic when it comes to revision (I just take down notes from the textbook) so looking out to see how you guys revise.
    Oh ! I don't mind if history students come on here too to share how you lot revise for your exams.
    This is cool. What specification are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amzyrads)
    This is cool. What specification are you doing?
    Loool this thread has been so dead with no replies but glad someone has seen this. Well I'm doing AQA. What about you ????

ReputationRep:
    Loool this thread has been so dead with no replies but glad someone has seen this. Well I'm doing AQA. What about you ????
    Same but I hate it lool

ReputationRep:
    Same but I hate it lool
    Haha how comes ? Do you find it hard ?? Tbh aqa is probably one of the decent exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    surely someone here is doing edexcel unit 3d/4d?

ReputationRep:
    Haha how comes ? Do you find it hard ?? Tbh aqa is probably one of the decent exam boards.
    Its Not hard it's just soooo dead I'm more sciency lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello1236969)
    surely someone here is doing edexcel unit 3d/4d?
    Ahh sorry about that. There probably is but no one wants to say anything on here 😂. What's your paper like? Maybe there are some similarities to the AQA and Edexcel one

ReputationRep:
    Its Not hard it's just soooo dead I'm more sciency lol
    Huh! you find poltics dead. Tbh I get you coz it can be but come on way better than science. Haha jk but I think politics is a great subject especially is you don't want to take history but still interested in history. That was me in year 11

ReputationRep:
    Huh! you find poltics dead. Tbh I get you coz it can be but come on way better than science. Haha jk but I think politics is a great subject especially is you don't want to take history but still interested in history. That was me in year 11
    i take physics with politics and i'm a total physics nerd thats why lol
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi guys :w00t:

This looks like it could be a really useful exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing. If you want to make any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well!

Happy revising!

ReputationRep:
    anyone retaking unit 2 on the 4th too?

ReputationRep:
    anyone has any notes on the economy and education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieisabellamcg)
    anyone retaking unit 2 on the 4th too?
    me and I have NOT don't enough revision honestly!! They take your highest grade though thank god so should be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadey.tw)
    me and I have NOT don't enough revision honestly!! They take your highest grade though thank god so should be okay
    yes i am also doing the resit !!!! i haven’t done enough either !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chl0eb1rch)
    yes i am also doing the resit !!!! i haven’t done enough either !
    same here guys, it looks like we're all in the same boat what topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OperationALevels)
    same here guys, it looks like we're all in the same boat what topics are you doing?
    I'm doing parliament and the core executive! Just been busting out past paper after past paper this week 😂😂 feel way more ready than last time... well... I THINK 😅 then for the A2 stuff I'm doing paper 3 and 3b or something where I'm doing conservatism / Fascism then Environment / Economy

ReputationRep:
    Reading the mark schemes worries me though 😂 I'm like ohh that much detail for a 5 m q.... really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieisabellamcg)
    I'm doing parliament and the core executive! Just been busting out past paper after past paper this week 😂😂 feel way more ready than last time... well... I THINK 😅 then for the A2 stuff I'm doing paper 3 and 3b or something where I'm doing conservatism / Fascism then Environment / Economy
    Im doing those topics for AS as well! What topics do you think will come up and same I've just been smashing out past papers, for A2 I'm doing electoral systems, voting behaviour, congress and the presidency (3A and 4A)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.