Galeana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am in the process of receiving uni offers.I've already got one from Bristol and I am waiting for Warwrick and Exeter to reply. I am just a bit nervous about choosing even though I still have a lot of time to make the decision. I 'd like to know the pros and cons or which uni you think is better.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Galeana)
Hi, I am in the process of receiving uni offers.I've already got one from Bristol and I am waiting for Warwrick and Exeter to reply. I am just a bit nervous about choosing even though I still have a lot of time to make the decision. I 'd like to know the pros and cons or which uni you think is better.
are there any pros and cons that you can think of that are personal to you?
FionaMG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Galeana)
Hi.

Better is very subjective.

If you possibly can you should visit all of them to get a feel not only for the universities themselves but also for the places where they are located. You need to feel comfortable especially if you are going to be a long way from home.

Also, go through the course and module descriptions with a fine-toothed comb. Ask yourself what you like and dislike about each course, the modules offered, year abroad choices etc. and see which uni comes out on top in that respect.

Don't choose just on the basis of "renown" if the course is not the one that best suits your interests. For example, if literature is not your thing, don't make the mistake of choosing a course that obliges you to do lots of it.

Accommodation and cost of living are other things you might want to take into account, including what accommodation guarantees you have if you end up at your insurance choice.

Hope this helps.
Good luck in your choice.
Galeana
Rep:
?
yeah I should definately visit the unis. I've already visited Bristol and i LOVED it, but Exeter would allow me to study Chinese as opposed to Bristol. I don't
know... but thanks for the tips! I'll make a list of pros and cons with your advise

Thank you
Galeana
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
are there any pros and cons that you can think of that are personal to you?
Yes,

Bristol University is lovely, I've been there and could see myself living
there
It is 17th in the uni rank in the UK
but:
I can only choose between portuguese, german and italian whereas other unis allow me to chose from a wider variety
Exeter would allow me to study Chinese (exciting)
It is a campus university which i love - I need to visit it before making a decision

And I havent received any information whatsoever from Warwrick which worries me. I can easily find information online about the other unis but its harder to find details about Warwrick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed