The Student Room Group

Biology Olympiad 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicine...
I'm in year 12 and I've got mine on monday next week, may I ask if nearly everything on the syllabus came up? as I made notes for 3/4 of the syllabus. Also when you said that A2 stuff came up, was it still mentioned on the syllabus. I really want to do well in it so could you kindly tell me what topics in the syllabus I should base my revision on for tomorrow (before monday), thanks x :smile:

Yes it was all on the syllabus. I wish I could tell you more but I don't want to break any of the BBO or TSR rules about talking about papers too soon, especially since you haven't done the paper yet. One thing I will say is that there is a lot of genetics. Good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
Yes it was all on the syllabus. I wish I could tell you more but I don't want to break any of the BBO or TSR rules about talking about papers too soon, especially since you haven't done the paper yet. One thing I will say is that there is a lot of genetics. Good luck for tomorrow!

You're a star thanks x, may I ask if there was much on AS context- last thing thanks xx

Also, was there the specimum paper for the BBO similar to the actual papers, sorry but I really want to do well in it, promise this is the very last thing :smile:
Reply 23
how did youu find it? was quite hard for me, some people said it was similar to the specimen paper
Original post by D.ydt
how did youu find it? was quite hard for me, some people said it was similar to the specimen paper

First paper I found much easier than the second - there was literally one question that was exactly the same as one of the questions from the specimen! Just have to wait and see now. Not too fussed about how I did tbh just want to know rather than having to wait for ages 😩 How did it go for you?
Reply 25
First paper I found much easier than the second - there was literally one question that was exactly the same as one of the questions from the specimen! Just have to wait and see now. Not too fussed about how I did tbh just want to know rather than having to wait for ages 😩 How did it go for you?

think i flopped, im in yr12 and i found it difficult, large amounts were on genetics so i didnt even understand
How did people find it? :biggrin:
I personally found it awful, has anyone got any results yet???
no not yet
Original post by Nudelauflauf

yr 12 or 13?
Original post by Nudelauflauf

I think now you can ask your teacher for the results, your score has been available since last Sunday and on Monday your teacher should have got the grade boundaries, so just ask your teacher.
Reply 31
I got a bronze
But my college don't prepare us for thesetype of competition & I don't do anything for that.
Me and my friend only participate in this competition and he got silver
I think I can also get silver but I miss some questions as I stuck on some genetic questions and spend ages on them
Reply 32
does anyone know what the grade boundaries were?
Reply 33
49 for a gold I believe
Original post by KESbian
49 for a gold I believe

% or marks. I got 60% which I was told was a Silver award???
Reply 35
Original post by cambayrac
% or marks. I got 60% which I was told was a Silver award???

49/75 for gold. If you got 60% thats 45 marks silver
Original post by KESbian
49 for a gold I believe

Hi what did you need out of 70 for a bronze and/or highly commended
Reply 37
Do you know what the boundary was for round 2? I got through to that but my teacher wouldn't tell me my raw mark.
Reply 38
Original post by KESbian
49 for a gold I believe

Do you know what the boundary for round 2 was? I got through but my teacher wouldn't tell me my raw mark.
Reply 39
Hi
Has anyone received a medal in ibo here?

Quick Reply

Latest