Weight of the current grade a level maths Watch

FREEZ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the weight of the current grade in a level maths ?

Thanks.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you explain what you're asking in another way?
FREEZ
Rep:
?
I mean how much does the final exam count overall because for your grade they also count what grade did you get during the year.For example:Weight Of The Final Exam 60%Weight of the current grade 40 %
FREEZ
Rep:
?
That s what i want to know
ecila21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your final grade is based entirely on the set of external exams at the end of the year, if that's what you're asking For the new A levels, this means your entire grade is based off the three or so maths exams at the end of year 13
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FREEZ)
I mean how much does the final exam count overall because for your grade they also count what grade did you get during the year.For example:Weight Of The Final Exam 60%Weight of the current grade 40 %
If you are completing a UK modular A level or an Edexcel International A level then the AS and A2 components are equally weighted.
If you are doing a new linear A level from AQA, Edexcel or OCR then any grade achieved in AS does not count towards the final A level grade, only the final exams count and the weighting of each paper varies depending on your examiner. They are summarised here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post72700788
FREEZ
Rep:
?
Does the work i m doing during the year count ?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FREEZ)
Does the work i m doing during the year count ?
Only the results you achieve in the exams counts towards the grade (unless you are doing a specification that includes coursework e.g. OCR MEI C3 unit). Everything you cover in the course will be tested in the exams.
FREEZ
Rep:
?
Im in year 12 As maths does anyone know if we have exam at the end of this year ?
bookloverlolly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FREEZ)
Im in year 12 As maths does anyone know if we have exam at the end of this year ?
Most schools don't, but we have internal (non-official) exams to get predicted grades and check our progress. Your school may have external AS exams (that are official), but they have no weighting on your final A Level grade.

Either way, you will have some kind of exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (291)
60.25%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.76%