Watch
This discussion is closed.
a_hughes11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

Just reaching out to anyone who has applied to Gray's Inn for a BPTC scholarship this year. We are all patiently awaiting interview notification (hopefully!) and I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about the process in general!

- A
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
goodluck!!
Kymiko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey OP, currently waiting for interview notification from Lincoln's inn. I'm patiently waiting(I would like to think). Dreading the interview though as I am completely terrible when it comes to interviews.

Good luck with it all. Do let us know how it goes. 🙏🏾😊
natbay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any update on when we might be hearing back from Gray's regarding interview? A friend of mine mentioned that it was potentially this week but I am yet to hear anything.
KatJG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello! I haven't had any update either. Waiting quite anxiously though and wondering just as you are whether anyone else has heard from them!

Good luck!
Hardina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, also waiting here for notification from Gray's so it's a relief to see I'm not alone!!
natbay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys,

It's reassuring to hear that we are all in the same boat. I suggest we put it on this thread if any of us do hear back?

Good luck to you all!
a_hughes11
Rep:
?
Hi everyone,

So delighted you've all replied! I too have heard nothing. I'll be sure to pop it up here as soon as I do. Best of luck to everyone! Alana X
KatJG
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello again,

So did anyone get an email yet? I called them (uncertainty will be the death of me) and apparently we should hear back by early next week. Definitely by the end of Jan it seems.
Hardina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No *argh* still waiting and ageing by the day!
natbay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven’t received an email yet but was sort of assuming it would be a posted letter anyway (could be wrong about that). Fingers crossed for next week then, this wait is killer!
KatJG
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whoops my mistake, I assumed it'll be through email but you could be right. They did say by early next week, by the end of Jan though.
Hardina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had a GDL scholarship last year and it was an email to invite you to interview and to confirm the scholarship
Hoodwinked
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello I too am waiting nervously to hear back as I am really worried that one of my referees didn't send the reference in.A fellow classmate got a scholarship last year and the invite was via email.She didn't get confirmation of the scholarship until the July though so it could be a really long period of waiting still. Good luck to everyone!
natbay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hoodwinked)
Hello I too am waiting nervously to hear back as I am really worried that one of my referees didn't send the reference in.A fellow classmate got a scholarship last year and the invite was via email.She didn't get confirmation of the scholarship until the July though so it could be a really long period of waiting still. Good luck to everyone!
Hi Hoodwinked,

You should be able to check whether your reference has been submitted here:

https://gios.graysinn.org.uk/Magic94...HAAccountLogin

If you log in to the account you used when you applied it should show you whether both references have been sent in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else,

Someone I know called up the Education department on Friday and they said we should be hearing back by the end of January (ie this week).

Good luck to everyone.
Hoodwinked
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many thanks natbay. It shows that both references were submitted.

(Original post by natbay)
Hi Hoodwinked,

You should be able to check whether your reference has been submitted here:

https://gios.graysinn.org.uk/Magic94...HAAccountLogin

If you log in to the account you used when you applied it should show you whether both references have been sent in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else,

Someone I know called up the Education department on Friday and they said we should be hearing back by the end of January (ie this week).

Good luck to everyone.
a_hughes11
Rep:
?
Still no news today! They really mean 'the end of January' it seems!!
KatJG
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yea it seems to be
a_hughes11
Rep:
?
Did anyone hear anything today?
natbay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't heard anything yet, my heart jumps slightly every time my email goes off though...

Where are you guys looking at pupillage/BPTC by the way?

I'm going for common law pupillages with sets that focus on Family and Immigration and I think I'm either going to be at BPP or City, although ULaw is swaying me round.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads