The Student Room Group

When do you submit your EPQ?

I'm in year 12 and we started EPQ from September 2017- when do we submit it. Appraently, we submit out EPQ before summer 2018 and get our grade back when we get out mock grades back??? meaning we give universities our actual EPQ grade rather than predicted (for Medicine the deadline is usually 15 October 2018 for 2019 entry).

I'm predicted a D for EPQ and for something like Medicine, I really don't this to hold me back if I do apply, so when do exminers mark the EPQ :smile:
I'm doing AQA btw
(edited 6 years ago)
Bump :frown:
anyone...
Most centres including mine get students to complete the EPQ for March of year 13, meaning you get the grade alongside A2 results. I assume unless you are doing yours over the two years you will submit it March/April time ready to be marked around this years exams. Your supervisor is probably better to ask as all centres work differently.

However, I do think submitting it when all your teachers think itll be a D is a waste of time. EPQ is only useful if you get a A or a B at a push in order to get lower offers. A D will only provide you with a small amount of extra UCAS points.
Original post by xEmilyxx
Most centres including mine get students to complete the EPQ for March of year 13, meaning you get the grade alongside A2 results. I assume unless you are doing yours over the two years you will submit it March/April time ready to be marked around this years exams. Your supervisor is probably better to ask as all centres work differently.

However, I do think submitting it when all your teachers think itll be a D is a waste of time. EPQ is only useful if you get a A or a B at a push in order to get lower offers. A D will only provide you with a small amount of extra UCAS points.

That's a bad thing because my EPQ is not worthy of a D, and if I get marked for march of year 13 that means that I will be giving the D predicted grade for unis and for Medicine, then that will mean I have no shot. My teacher said she won't change it- **** that :frown:
Original post by TSR69
Bump :frown:

yo i'm here
Why are you doing it so early? for me we did it in yr13...Probably submitting it at May?
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Why are you doing it so early? for me we did it in yr13...Probably submitting it at May?

So if i'm predicted a D for EPQ that means that my teacher won't give me higher than a D (when she actually marks my work) because I'm not capable?
Original post by TSR69
So if i'm predicted a D for EPQ that means that my teacher won't give me higher than a D (when she actually marks my work) because I'm not capable?

No. The prediction is a prediction, but is the likely result you will get because the prediction is based on a few factors. If your EPQ ends up being C grade quality they will mark it as a C.

The predictions are more important for unis to have an idea of the potential of applicants. They are mostly accurate. But you might struggle to get offers if all your predicted in the EPQ is a D, and thats because the EPQ resembles uni style work and getting a D might suggest you will struggle at university, especially for a strenuous course like Medicine.
Original post by xEmilyxx
No. The prediction is a prediction, but is the likely result you will get because the prediction is based on a few factors. If your EPQ ends up being C grade quality they will mark it as a C.

The predictions are more important for unis to have an idea of the potential of applicants. They are mostly accurate. But you might struggle to get offers if all your predicted in the EPQ is a D, and thats because the EPQ resembles uni style work and getting a D might suggest you will struggle at university, especially for a strenuous course like Medicine.

So whats the ****ing point of the teachers making us do an EPQ when they're gonna predict me a D and hinder my chances even further for medicine, they said you're more likely to get it not with a ****ing D prediction, I'm sorry but I'm so angry- thanks anyway
Original post by TSR69

Why is it so low? EPQ is such an easy topic. If you're applying for Med which is in Oct, giving you plenty of time to turn your grade around! I'll be more than happy to help you if you need it. Im in yr 13 and predicted an A (trying to push for A* for my actual one).
That is absolute bs, why would they predict you such a crappy grade like that? Like the lowest predicted grade in my class is probably a C.
Some people don’t hand In any work so they can’t be predicted anything

Quick Reply