The Student Room Group

How to revise maths and make sure you remember everything!

i need help to remember key points in my maths, for example how to remember what a factor and hcf is. any good websites?
I thought YOU were going to tell us. The power of punctuation :frown:
Reply 2
thank you so much for ya helppppp x
Original post by Dejante
i need help to remember key points in my maths, for example how to remember what a factor and hcf is. any good websites?

With me it's about understanding that makes it easier to remember (then practice exam questions). Once you understand it then you know where you can apply this topic or whatever it may be.

You can't get away with remembering theory in Maths, you can't think a question through if you've just remembered methods from the mark scheme, as a harsh as it sounds this is just from my experience.

Again as the previous user said, practice practice practice exam questions! Those help you with sticking the topics in your head. For example, you can understand a topic, not do any exam questions then before the exam you'd haven forgotten it because you didn't practice the topic at all.

With any maths related topic, it's all about practice, learning the theory is just not enough.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask.
Reply 4
thank you for your help !

Quick Reply

Latest