The Student Room Group

LSE, UCL or KCL?

Hey there!
I got conditional offers from LSE, UCL and King’s to do a Master’s in EU Politics/ European politics and policy/ European studies and I am just not sure where to go.
Obviously LSE is like a dream for everyone studying political science and getting accepted still feels surreal- however the fees are just crazy and I’m not sure, if the degree is worth it.
UCL has (just like LSE) courses and modules I really like that cover a wide range of issues I’m interested in . Tuition fees are also quite high, but seem like a bargain in comparison to LSE- however I have the feeling that UCL is not as well known as LSE internationally and woul maybe not score as high in employability (but that might just be a filter I’m looking through) . And I’m not quite sure, if I will fulfill my condition on that one.
KCL offers a pretty straightforward course, which however doesn’t have the variety of courses that LSE or UCL offer- the fees are half the ones I would have to pay at LSE. However I just have the feeling it wouldn’t equip me as well as LSE or UCL and someone who studied this at KCL said that the department wasn’t that great and she would go for LSE.
I would really love to hear some opinions about this. Is LSE worth it? How about UCL and KCL?
go for the course that is best for you - try not to consider the fees at this stage
Reply 2
Got offers from all three and can’t decide which one to pick.
What would you say in terms of employability, reputation, student experience?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
LSE probably has the best reputation and prospects. It’s top ten in the world I think
LSE
Original post by Aca Demia
Got offers from all three and can’t decide which one to pick.
What would you say in terms of employability, reputation, student experience?

Have you had a look at the modules for each degree, which one looks most interesting? In terms of general reputation and employability, there's very little between any of them. If you can, I'd recommend you visit each uni and talk to other MA/MSc students to get a better idea of what the student experience is like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending