The Student Room Group

Transfer student

I am planning to transfer to SOAS for my second year of LLB but i have been frequently told that you can not make friends in second year and so it's hard to cope up and adjust in thr enviornment
Could someone please tell me regarding this any other transfer students?
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning to transfer to SOAS for my second year of LLB but i have been frequently told that you can not make friends in second year and so it's hard to cope up and adjust in thr enviornment
Could someone please tell me regarding this any other transfer students?

I cant see why it is ant different from any other transfer situation to any other uni? Why are you transferring?

It is down to the individual and a bit of luck.

You have to make an effort and if friends is your aim, then use all options and dont be shy of being friendly asking people if they fancy a coffee or their contact details. A skilled confident sociable person will always make friends. A shy anxious person is going to find it difficult anywhere.

If you make an effort, then YOU CAB make friends and you will adjust.

Why is it more difficult? Because most people will have formed friendship groups and shared a year already. You just have to find the ones that arent in one or break into formed ones. Same as anywhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending