help! already messed up my ucas application! Watch

This discussion is closed.
lilbug
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I registered at ucasapply online today, like my school told me to. Thought I'd also start to fill in some simple stuff in the sections, even though its early, as it can always be changed later, right? Well, I accidently clicked on the 'finished' button at the end of one of the sections, which apparently seems to be an irreversible action. (That %£^&£*& button was the same as all the other 'finished' buttons before that, which led me onto the next page of the section, so there was no way of knowing that it was the end of the ^%^£"%£* section.) That whole section in the online form cannot be changed (as far as I understand!), it now reads 'complete', and I am reaaaally worried! I think I left some stuff out (optional things) in that section, so if ANYONE out there is applying through the online process or knows if the school can undo my mistake, PLEASE HELP!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilbug)
I registered at ucasapply online today, like my school told me to. Thought I'd also start to fill in some simple stuff in the sections, even though its early, as it can always be changed later, right? Well, I accidently clicked on the 'finished' button at the end of one of the sections, which apparently seems to be an irreversible action. (That %£^&£*& button was the same as all the other 'finished' buttons before that, which led me onto the next page of the section, so there was no way of knowing that it was the end of the ^%^£"%£* section.) That whole section in the online form cannot be changed (as far as I understand!), it now reads 'complete', and I am reaaaally worried! I think I left some stuff out (optional things) in that section, so if ANYONE out there is applying through the online process or knows if the school can undo my mistake, PLEASE HELP!
I am not sure. Ask your school or phone ucas asap.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Calm down, and ask your teacher. They'll be able to help you undo whatever you've done
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilbug)
ive been afraid of doin that, im sure you can fix it...jus dunno how!
Daniel.
Report 14 years ago
Clicking finished on one of the sections is NOT irreversible. Spend some time actually reading what the site says. You don't need a teacher to do anything for you. You can change it yourself.

It's been a while since I used the site, but I know for a fact you can still change it. You can be sure you'll know the stage when you can't change it (should it arise again...).
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daniel.)
Clicking finished on one of the sections is NOT irreversible. Spend some time actually reading what the site says. You don't need a teacher to do anything for you. You can change it yourself.

It's been a while since I used the site, but I know for a fact you can still change it. You can be sure you'll know the stage when you can't change it (should it arise again...).
Yeh thats right - I think that there is a edit button or something. You can keep changing your form untill you actualy say that you want to send it off and you need your teachers permission to send it off (I think).
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chubb)
Yeh thats right - I think that there is a edit button or something. You can keep changing your form untill you actualy say that you want to send it off and you need your teachers permission to send it off (I think).
All you do by clicking 'complete' is to send it to your school's 'administrator' (normally the head of sixth form. Once they get it, they check it through, if its incomplete, they have to send it back to you (usually hassle with the IT staff!) and you then can edit it and change it further. YOU cannot send it to UCAS, only your aministrator has the authority to do so and that will be after they have added the school reference too... so don't worry, go and sort it out on Monday - you might need to grovel a bit and explain what a silly person you were in clicking the wrong button.... but you won't be the first or the last person to do it!
lilbug
Rep:
?
Daniel, I may have made a stupid mistake, but I'm not an idiot. I read through the ucas site before posting here and all I found was that you can amend as you work thruogh the section and when you have completed a section, click on the link blah blah. The section completed in my form reads as 'finished', while the others have amending options (the edit buttons I presume Chubb is talking about) . There's no way I see to edit the one marked completed.
lilbug
Rep:
?
Oh, thanks, Geogger.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads