Question About a relative who has Schizophrenia

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For the past two days my dad's relative's family stayed at our house. Their daughter has Schizophrenia ( 26 years old). on the first night she was really nice and she talked really happily with me and she was really happy. she told me that she had been cured of her schizophrenia even though i now know that is not possible.

The next day when we were having lunch, she would not stop staring at me and when i asked whether she was okay. She told me that i was giving of a really scary vibe which she found daunting. So after i finished eating i asked her whether she would prefer if i left the room, she said i don't know. ( her responses to any questions asked to her for the rest of the day was 'i don't know' or 'no'.) i left the room. and for the rest of the day she found me scary and we all decided it would be best for me to stay upstairs (away from her).

she is a really nice girl and i understand that she is not being rude to me on purpose but what would have caused her to suddenly find me scary. her parents told us that she has been refusing treatment recently and has not used her medication in the past 3 months, could that be the reason?
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes that's probably the root of the problem... the trigger could have been anything from a dream/voices to some random perceived slight or grumpy comment to someone else, I wouldn't stress about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed