Mitigating circumstances Watch

Jasmine__
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey
What form of evidence would you give for mitigating circumstances (during GCSEs) in relation to being moved around between family for care to a law firm?

Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jasmine__)
Hey
What form of evidence would you give for mitigating circumstances (during GCSEs) in relation to being moved around between family for care to a law firm?

Thank you
Not enough information.
What is your application for?
What stage are your studies?
How much disruption? How long were you in care for?
Did things improve at A level?
Jasmine__
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Not enough information.
What is your application for?
What stage are your studies?
How much disruption? How long were you in care for?
Did things improve at A level?
Its an application for training contracts at various London law firms
Currently second year at university studying law
I was in care and moved around for up to 5 months at a time
GCSEs ranged A*-C but Majority Bs and Cs
Things really did improve once I was in a more stable environment without being moved around so Alevels were straight A*
I'm sure I could have done better at GCSE had it not been for the moving around but I'm unsure what evidence they'd want for this
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Its an application for training contracts at various London law firms
Currently second year at university studying law
I was in care and moved around for up to 5 months at a time
GCSEs ranged A*-C but Majority Bs and Cs
Things really did improve once I was in a more stable environment without being moved around so Alevels were straight A*
If you have a referee, then they can mention it.
Alternatively there may be somewhere in the form. I would keep it more factual an neutral in tone.

If you are unsure then contact the firm and ask them for guidance on the way they expect to see it. Just follow accordingly.

How long were you in care for and did you find somewhere stable for your A levels? Are you now an independent student?
Jasmine__
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you have a referee, then they can mention it.
Alternatively there may be somewhere in the form. I would keep it more factual an neutral in tone.

If you are unsure then contact the firm and ask them for guidance on the way they expect to see it. Just follow accordingly.

How long were you in care for and did you find somewhere stable for your A levels? Are you now an independent student?
The care overall was for about 6 years but I was then somewhere stable for my Alevels where I was able to focus on my grades and independent at uni
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
The care overall was for about 6 years but I was then somewhere stable for my Alevels where I was able to focus on my grades and independent at uni
I would just make a polite enquiry and see what they say. You can then decide whether you wish to proceed. The better your degree results, then the less relevant GCSE become. By this stage they arent really relevant anyway, but making them aware wont do you any harm if its kept to only as much as is needed.

Ps not trying to be nosey, just trying to get a full understanding. I am familiar with the care system and your situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads