The Student Room Group

If I am re-applying to uni this year would I need a new statement?

I applied last year and didnt end up going to Uni. I am trying again this year. Is it ok to use last years statement for uni? I really dont know who to go for this year so if I can't thats gonna make life difficult.
Reply 1
Why did they not accept you last year?
Reply 2
Did you inform your choices that you chose last year ? If you didn't, you may need to calll UCAS
Reply 3
Probably, I would rewrite it or at least update it as you can include your actual grades and what you’ve done on your gap year.
Original post by Dagan01
Why did they not accept you last year?

They did accept me. I got accepted for all five choices but I decided to not go in the end.
Original post by SeaScape
Probably, I would rewrite it or at least update it as you can include your actual grades and what you’ve done on your gap year.

I just realised I worded my question wrong. Not my statement, you know when someone has to write a reference for you? Like a previous employer or someone, would my last years one be OK or would I have to get someone recent to fill one in?
I wrote statement but I meant reference- sorry.

Last year I got accepted by everyone. Only thing was Kent put me onto another course and not the one I applied to, but they still accepted me into a course either way.

my question was meant to be if I can use my last yeas reference, or will I have to ask someone else to fill in a new one for this year?
Reply 7
Original post by blitterflicker
I just realised I worded my question wrong. Not my statement, you know when someone has to write a reference for you? Like a previous employer or someone, would my last years one be OK or would I have to get someone recent to fill one in?

If they wrote a good one, I think it should be ok to reuse
Original post by JayN_0
Did you inform your choices that you chose last year ? If you didn't, you may need to calll UCAS

I wont be applying to the same Unis as last year. Maybe I'll go for Kent again, but for the others I wont be applying there.
Original post by Dagan01
If they wrote a good one, I think it should be ok to reuse

Alright, thanks for your help :smile:
Since last years reference is still in my account, so would I be able to use that?

Quick Reply

Latest