The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

UCAS Grade Declaration

I sat my A-Levels originally in 2016. Didn’t perform as well as I should have and so I couldn’t apply to top universities. I had extenuating circumtances during my A-Levels, I was suffering from severe bulimia and chronic depression which worsened between 2014-2016. I am now re-sitting my exams as a private candidate and the exams are due to be sat in June 2018. I am confident that I will score 80% plus in all three subjects with an overall result of A/A*s.

The problem is I have to submit my UCAS application before 18th January and it says I have to list ALL previous qualifications.

Since I am applying to some of the best institutions in the UK: Kings, LSE, UCL, QMUL and Westminster. I am worried that if I list my last A-Level grades before my pending ones that my offers may come back declined.

Will they consider previous grades if I am sitting A-Levels completely different to what I originally sat? Meaning I am sitting these in first sitting under the new specification. They are subjects I have never studied before during my time at Sixth Form.
(edited 6 years ago)
The problem is that if you don't list them, you will not probably but DEFINITELY come back declined, or having to declare your grade (trust me, don't risk it, uni ALWAYS knows, one of my seniors applying to Oxford, got an offer but Bath caught him not putting an A Level in, and you know the rest). Uni are not horrible people trying to kick you out, they are nice professors who want to take you in. They understand your circumstances, they are all humans, they will consider everything. Don't worry and be honest with your application. Good luck :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest