what is your religion and why? Watch

kawaiiGeek
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi. I was wondering(partially out of curiosity and partially because I’m taking gcse RE), what is your religion and why is that your religion? Also why you believed in that religion specifically. I just want to hear people’s stories in the sense of religion. Thank you. 🙂
arizonaidiot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what is your religion:Islam
why? It's the truth
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
None because anthropomorphic gods aren’t real and there’s no evidence for any other kind of deity.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Roman Catholicism. Born and brought up that way but stuck with it of my own accord because bits of it strongly resonate with(in) me. Also for me, it holds the most truth of all the Christian denominations :jebus:
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Islam and because my parents are muslim
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not religious.

Don't see any basis for religious belief, it doesn't bring me happiness (it brought me the opposite), so I don't bother with it. No ill will towards any adherents, though I do have an issue with many components of organised religion.
Uranium Potato
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a Roman Catholic, I was brought up this way and I believe that Jesus is truly the saviour of the world. He is the only God who is known to seek man, in other religions it is portrayed as man seeking God.

I believe that I am a child of God, and he is my father.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Lmao, why the need for anonymous to say that
I often wonder this but I guess people just habitually go anon.
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kawaiiGeek)
hi. I was wondering(partially out of curiosity and partially because I’m taking gcse RE), what is your religion and why is that your religion? Also why you believed in that religion specifically. I just want to hear people’s stories in the sense of religion. Thank you. 🙂
I'm a Muslim, I was born into it, but I like its teachings as well.
Tamsune
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm a Christian, the only one in my family, and I chose get baptised this year in July. I think for me, even after it all God isn't real, Christianity is still a good lifestyle that I have lead, and it has taught me so many lessons in life, and also it's nice to have that hope sometimes. That there is something out there that listens and forgives.
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Until there is concrete evidence God exists, none.
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
irreligious
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Brought up with compulsory Sunday School and church and it took a while to have the confidence to refuse to attend (I was about 17) but I have never seen any evidence for the existence of a divine being.

The religions I have encountered portray god as a very needy, capricious and unpleasant being. Got to be glad there doesn't appear to be one.
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Atheist, because the idea of deities is very obvious that it's made up by humans.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i am a Roman Catholic.
Taz554:-)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Islam
Because it gives me the most peace and gives me a foundation to build on. Also i think the Big Bang Theory is a big bunch of Baloney
username3648614
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No religion. Insufficient evidence to prove the existence of a God.
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
i am a Roman Catholic.
Robbie Williams, is that you? :holmes:
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Islam, one of the key reasons which caused my spiritual reform is Prophet Muhammed.
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was christened quite late at about 7 into the Church of England, but as soon as I had a proper concept and appreciation for religion, I told my parents I don't believe in Christianity and would "de-christen" myself if it were possible .

My parents aren't particularly religious themselves but get a little arsey when I tell them how religion just seems like a massive scam and way of controlling people through fake promises about eternal happiness in the afterlife.

My younger brother who was a baby when he was christened (at the same ceremony as me!) has said he doesn't believe either and wished it hadn't been christened either.

Personally I don't think anyone should be initiated into a religion until they are at an age to fully comprehend the significance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads