The Student Room Group

Student Finance

If anyone knows how to answer me this, it would be appreciated!I currently have a migrant worker status, but because I am going into my last year,and I am probably gonna need more time, I was wondering since I have now been living in the country for 5 years, if I am entitled to the maintenance loan without applying through the migrant worker status?Thank you
Original post by Aramos
If anyone knows how to answer me this, it would be appreciated!I currently have a migrant worker status, but because I am going into my last year,and I am probably gonna need more time, I was wondering since I have now been living in the country for 5 years, if I am entitled to the maintenance loan without applying through the migrant worker status?Thank you

I have moved this to Student Financial Support, you are more likely to get a reply here.
Hi Aramos,

For you to apply for a Maintenance Loan (ML) as an EU student without applying through the Migrant Worker route you would need to have been resident in the UK for five years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course. You would therefore only be able to apply this way for a new course of study so since you are a continuing student your only way to apply for a ML would be to apply as a MW again.

Thanks

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending