The Student Room Group

Is this rape/sexual assault? Please help.

Okay so last night I had a sleepover with 2 of my female friends and 3 of my male friends at one of their houses. Earlier on in the night, I had agreed to have sex with one of them. When we went to bed, we slept next to each other and had sex and afterwards, I fell asleep. I woke up not long after to him touching me and trying to have sex with me, the whole thing lasted from 4 am to 7 am. To try and make him stop, I kept still to show that I wanted to sleep and moved his hand away from my body and when he'd try and take my hand to make me touch him I wouldn't respond, yet he'd ignore my attempts and continue. Not only that but, at one point I told him one of our friends was awake, to which he responded "Ok", but then a few minutes later continued. Just to make it clear, he was successful and did have sex with me another two times, which really hurt considering I was trying to get to sleep...

I'm not sure what to think, since at one point I did want to have sex but then didn't afterwards, but also think that I showed signs of not wanting to have sex. This is just really weird especially since we've been good friends since year 9.
Please help
If you said no and he kept on touching you sexually then it's sexual assault. Even if you said yes before, no still means no.
Reply 2
Yes it is technically rape. You consented to having sex the first time but not the second, and he should have asked you rather than attempted to pressure you into doing it. This is rape and he should know what he did. He clearly didn’t care about how you felt and was taking advantage of you.
Original post by ShyBeatlesFan01
Leave the man alone. you ****ing women have it so easy. Own up to your actions.

Original post by ShyBeatlesFan01
Leave the man alone. you ****ing women have it so easy. Own up to your actions.

Well said.
Reply 4
Having sex once doesn't give him permission for the future. If you said no and made it clear then it is rape and you need to be careful with him, I wouldn't go near him if I were you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Just to be clear, you're a male right?
You were woke up to him touching you - you were sleeping and therefore couldn't give consent
Original post by Anonymous
Please help

Did you at any point say 'leave me alone, or 'no'? If not, and your only objection was that your friends might hear or see (and then allowed it to happen regardless), then this is just poor communication on your part. If you don't want it then say so; you cannot expect him to read your mind, especially if you behave one way and think another.
Original post by bones-mccoy
You were woke up to him touching you - you were sleeping and therefore couldn't give consent

It is clear that sex occurred after she was awake - she even spoke to him.
Original post by Good bloke
It is clear that sex occurred after she was awake - she even spoke to him.

It did but the touching happened when she was asleep. She even moved his hand away - pretty strong indicators that she didn't want sex.
Original post by bones-mccoy
- pretty strong indicators that she didn't want sex.

Nah. I'm normally pretty anti those lads who get clear no signals but press on regardless, or who get a girl drunk to take advantage of her, but this is a pretty poor 'no' signal.

Quick Reply

Latest