fzk26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What’s the best way to revise for GCSE French?, For Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking Specifically !!!!🤜🏻
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
flashcards, and i just do the cover, write check method with vocab. has the teacher gave you any example sentence structures? if so, use them
fzk26
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
flashcards, and i just do the cover, write check method with vocab. has the teacher gave you any example sentence structures? if so, use them
thanksss does the revision guide help at all? i was thinking of buying it but i’m not sure
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fzk26)
thanksss does the revision guide help at all? i was thinking of buying it but i’m not sure
what exam board are you on? i personally don't have it but it's probably going to be very useful.
fzk26
Rep:
?
what exam board are you on? i personally don't have it but it's probably going to be very useful.

AQA and alright thanks🤜🏻
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fzk26)
AQA and alright thanks🤜🏻
i have this aqa gcse french vocab booklet [i think it's by pearson] which has all the vocabs and some structures, it's really useful but idk if you can buy it? your school might have some. definitely recommend getting a grammar and translation booklet too, i bought one recently
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Find your course on Memrise and just learn the vocab. That will cover you for the reading and listening.
If you're struggling to get past the French accent, then watch films in French, or listen music. You can do this with English subtitles, as you're only doing it to get used to the accent.
fzk26
Rep:
?
(Original post by catmckie)
Flashcards are great for learning vocab French to English. However, to make sure you know them English to French (for the writing exam), I'd just rewrite the words in French again and again until I know I've got that spelling down. For speaking, it's a good idea to maybe get your teacher to record them speaking your transcript for you to then listen to so to really nail the pronunciation. And for listening, all I can really say is practice makes prefect. Listen to French music and try and understand what they're saying, watch French movies without subtitles, or YouTube videos in French. Just make sure you're listening to French 24/7, really just surround yourself with it. Good luck!
Thank youuuu!!😅
LlamaLikeEllie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For speaking, I would say get as much practice as possible. Talk to yourself, a pet, your mum, anyone. You could maybe make a sheet with everything you need to know for a topic as a cheat sheet.
For writing I would try and write your notes from French lessons in French to practice it. You can also get your teacher to give you practice questions
fzk26
Rep:
?
(Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
Find your course on Memrise and just learn the vocab. That will cover you for the reading and listening.
If you're struggling to get past the French accent, then watch films in French, or listen music. You can do this with English subtitles, as you're only doing it to get used to the accent.
Ohh yeah my teacher told me about memrise thanks for reminding me & i’d say my french accent is actually better than the actual vocab and grammer itself but it would help me for the listening paper
LlamaLikeEllie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fzk26)
Ohh yeah my teacher told me about memrise thanks for reminding me & i’d say my french accent is actually better than the actual vocab and grammer itself but it would help me for the listening paper
I would work on the vocab then. It's good to have a nice French accent, but it's useless unless you know the words to say in the vocab
fzk26
Rep:
?
(Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
I would work on the vocab then. It's good to have a nice French accent, but it's useless unless you know the words to say in the vocab
Yeahh true😂thankss anyway
fzk26
Rep:
?
i have this aqa gcse french vocab booklet [i think it's by pearson] which has all the vocabs and some structures, it's really useful but idk if you can buy it? your school might have some. definitely recommend getting a grammar and translation booklet too, i bought one recently
Yeah i’ve got a vocab book, so that would be better to revise from but the tenses are literally the worst 😂
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fzk26)
Yeah i’ve got a vocab book, so that would be better to revise from but the tenses are literally the worst 😂
oh my god, yes, they're so annoying and just ugh. i've made some tables for some of the tenses in my vocab book so i can easily revise them
fzk26
Rep:
?
oh my god, yes, they're so annoying and just ugh. i've made some tables for some of the tenses in my vocab book so i can easily revise them
omg that would actually help, lol why didn’t i think of that before😂thanksss for the tips, good luck 👍🏻
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fzk26)
omg that would actually help, lol why didn’t i think of that before😂thanksss for the tips, good luck 👍🏻
no problem, and thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
14.81%
1 (70)
13.65%
2 (66)
12.87%
20.47%
20.47%
5 (91)
17.74%

Watched Threads

Latest