How to pass geography (Edexcel) A level!!! Watch

HannahHAHC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im on my second year of doing geography a level and im finding it very
hard. My whole class is struggling can anyone give me advice on how to write good answers and how to revise???
hatkin17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in 2nd year doing edexcel geo too and I can't say how to do the perfect answer as I'm only a C/B student but I type my notes after copying from the board(bad handwriting 😂)and go over things to make sure I understand them before next time as there is a lot to learn as we know.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
marrimerro
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Practise papers? Go over your essay techniques?

I did the old geog a level so idk much about the new one.
Tom191
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HannahHAHC)
Im on my second year of doing geography a level and im finding it very
hard. My whole class is struggling can anyone give me advice on how to write good answers and how to revise???
For which topics? I could help on the human side, physical somewhat less so
MMM12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I understand how your feeling. im also doing terrible!! I would suggest you keep going over the content and memorising the keywords as it will help you gain marks in the 12 markers for A01. Also you can constrct your own exam style questions by using the specification as it is a really good skill to have! Also make sure you try to fo an exam style question once a week. First lf all, break down the question, pick out the key words, make sure you have definitions for the key words as you may have to outline them in your introduction. If your question asks you to 'Assess' make sure you have a good structure, explain the most significant factor, and dont forget to write a conclusion cause most of the time you loae marks if you dont do so! Geography is a very content heavy subject, all i can say is if you put in 4 hours of revision every week you will be fine! If you have any questions feel free to ask!!
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom191)
For which topics? I could help on the human side, physical somewhat less so
Ive done; Tectonics, Globalisation, Coasts, Regeneration, Superpower
and the carbon cycle.

I still have the water cycle and one more which im not sure on yet
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
(Original post by MMM12)
I understand how your feeling. im also doing terrible!! I would suggest you keep going over the content and memorising the keywords as it will help you gain marks in the 12 markers for A01. Also you can constrct your own exam style questions by using the specification as it is a really good skill to have! Also make sure you try to fo an exam style question once a week. First lf all, break down the question, pick out the key words, make sure you have definitions for the key words as you may have to outline them in your introduction. If your question asks you to 'Assess' make sure you have a good structure, explain the most significant factor, and dont forget to write a conclusion cause most of the time you loae marks if you dont do so! Geography is a very content heavy subject, all i can say is if you put in 4 hours of revision every week you will be fine! If you have any questions feel free to ask!!
Yeah I really struggle with the writing style. There is also so much to learn and not enough time to learn it!!!
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
Yeah i also do that and im seeing a small improvment
(Original post by hatkin17)
I'm in 2nd year doing edexcel geo too and I can't say how to do the perfect answer as I'm only a C/B student but I type my notes after copying from the board(bad handwriting 😂)and go over things to make sure I understand them before next time as there is a lot to learn as we know.
MMM12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
aww bless you you will get there don't worry just keep trying your best!!! 😘
MMM12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
heres my email if you need any help just contact me
Tom191
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ive done; Tectonics, Globalisation, Coasts, Regeneration, Superpower
and the carbon cycle.

I still have the water cycle and one more which im not sure on yet
I'm doing water cycle atm, haven't started carbon cycle and the one I think you're missing is like global development or something like that. Personally I find the human side much much easier, the physical is very boring it's a necessary evil to an extent. So yea not sure how much help I can give with that one but for human ask away
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
Regeneration is my weakest part my teachers just didnt really teach it😬
Tom191
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah my teachers havent taught me much physical over the last year and a bit. Regeneration's like a lot of case studies isn't it, I have loads of stuff on East London, London Docklands etc
jarjarbinkss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i defo failing geo

theres no past papers or anything to help
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
(Original post by jarjarbinkss)
i defo failing geo

theres no past papers or anything to help
I know how you feel!
HannahHAHC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom191)
Ah my teachers havent taught me much physical over the last year and a bit. Regeneration's like a lot of case studies isn't it, I have loads of stuff on East London, London Docklands etc
Ive done quite a bit on phycial. It hard beacause there so much to learn and remember
Emilypearson519
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We haven't started that topic yet but here's some links that might help with notes and revision?
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geogr...-carbon-cycles
https://www.tutor2u.net/geography/co...-carbon-cycles
https://www.tutor2u.net/geography/re...res-and-cycles
https://www.rgs.org/NR/rdonlyres/6FD...bonCycling.pdf
If these don't help and you're still struggling by March hmu because by then I'll have done the topic and I could try and help you myself
Tom191
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ive done quite a bit on phycial. It hard beacause there so much to learn and remember
Theres loads to remember for human, arguably even more. I just find it less demanding because I enjoy it more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads