The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hmm says report if you know anything but bar the non-identical e-fit the article doesn't have provide a description of him? The skin tone on the e-fits is quite different for a start...

Anyway hopefully the scumbag grabs someone who'll beat his face into the pavement next time...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2

Those attackers are truly despicable... This kind of stuff is still happening? Uuurgghh.. :angry:
(edited 6 years ago)
Haha lol
Looks like about 50% of london fits that image
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Welcome to Brexit Britain

Theresa May and her Tory cronies have fostered hatred and intolerance, at the behest of Putin.

Most attacks on gays are by Islamists emboldened by previous Labour governments.

And Putin? I think you're satire?
Original post by kataali
Those attackers are truly despicable... This kind of stuff is still happening? Uuurgghh.. :angry:

People get attacked all the time, why does it matter if they are gay or not, this is offensive to people who identify as not 100% gay e.g. pansexuals this post could offend them/us why are they being treated less special than gays.

Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Welcome to Brexit Britain

Theresa May and her Tory cronies have fostered hatred and intolerance, at the behest of Putin.

What a typical idiotic ignorant Remoaner response(large proportion of them are ill informed bandwagonners with no ability to think for themselves just repeat the rubbish their friends tell them like yourself judging by your post.)

Voting Brexit doesn't have anything to do with hating gays and its disgusting you would try to draw that connotation to help you delude yourself even further that voting remain is the "smart" thing when in reality it is just the trendy thing to do. Most remain voters aren't aware of basic GDP facts(did you know that GDP Nominal the UK is the 5th largest economy, the only 4 higher all have much bigger population sizes top 3 USA, China,Japan (all outide the EU I might add) yet remoaners come out with stupid statements like "errrrrrrrrrrrrr the economy will collape errrrrrrrrrrrr there will be no trade if we leave errrrrrrrrrr I like crepes gotta vote remain cos otherwise ill get no crepes",

relax being out of the European union doesn't mean you can never eat a crepe again.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bigstu99
People get attacked all the time, why does it matter if they are gay or not, this is offensive to people who identify as not 100% gay e.g. pansexuals this post could offend them/us why are they being treated less special than gays.

It matters when the motive is because they are gay or perceived as being gay.
50 years on from being gay becoming legal and I can't believe we still have a long way to go before we are truly enlightened to it! :sad: I wonder if it'll get better or worse in another 50 years time in the year 2067?
Reply 11

That's so messed up. Why should he apologise? He can love, be intimate and date whoever the **** he wants. Why can't society just be accepting?Why can't we all love and respect one another?
Reply 12
Original post by Synchronise
50 years on from being gay becoming legal and I can't believe we still have a long way to go before we are truly enlightened to it! :sad: I wonder if it'll get better or worse in another 50 years time in the year 2067?

You know people get attacked over things like looking at someone right?

this stuff will never go away, it's sad but it's just one incident if that makes it any better.
Reply 13

I agree it'd take a long time. The black community fought for a long time to get acceptance. The suffragettes did, to just to get women to vote. Muslims are fighting for their acceptance today. I suppose the LGBT community will also have to wait their time until full acceptance.

I cant believe people at so naive...

Original post by miss_ambitious
I agree it'd take a long time. The black community fought for a long time to get acceptance. The suffragettes did, to just to get women to vote. Muslims are fighting for their acceptance today. I suppose the LGBT community will also have to wait their time until full acceptance.

Black people fought for acceptance, women fought for the vote, the working classes fought for democracy, why should the LGBT wait for acceptance?
Oh the irony. Not welcome in one of the most gay friendly cities in the world?

The attackers have the attitude that is not welcome.
Reply 16
Original post by mojojojo101
I cant believe people at so naive...

Black people fought for acceptance, women fought for the vote, the working classes fought for democracy, why should the LGBT wait for acceptance?

Because they're humans as well and deserve to be accepted. Common sense
Reply 17
Original post by Oyvey1488
Gay people are degenerates they'll be wiped out of London eventually with the rise of Islam

But it is funny isn't it

Two Whites attacked saying they're not welcome in their own homeland

If someone called you an extremist, you'd become really upset and angry. Do you want people to attack you deliberately? You say its the religion of peace, but people like you put a bad name on it. And Muslims wonder why ALL of them are labelled "terrorists". The majority of radicalised people, are horrible people like you. Also how naive you are. Attacking people doesn't need a gender, colour or religion
Original post by miss_ambitious
Because they're humans as well and deserve to be accepted. Common sense

I agree but you've missed my point..

The working class / women / PoC had to FIGHT to get what they deserved and LGBT people will have to so so as well.

The narrative that LGBT should 'wait' for their turn is false, that won't happen, LGBT people and their allies will have to fight to get what the deserve just like eveyone else had to.
Reply 19
Original post by mojojojo101
I agree but you've missed my point..

The working class / women / PoC had to FIGHT to get what they deserved and LGBT people will have to so so as well.

The narrative that LGBT should 'wait' for their turn is false, that won't happen, LGBT people and their allies will have to fight to get what the deserve just like eveyone else had to.

It's not the 20th century or the 1800s. I agree it has been very hard to get accepted for who you were in those times, but its the 21st century. We should all accept everyone, and respect everyone. Time and things change. LGBT acceptance wasn't as popular as it is today. Hardly anyone spoke about LGBT. Its a cause for today- and we will only reach greater limits if we love and respect one another. As Stonewall says "Acceptance without exception"

Quick Reply

Latest