The Student Room Group

Forcing myself to eat?

I know I don't eat enough and I need to eat more. I really don't want to and don't feel hungry most the time.
Should I force myself to eat more?
Reply 1
I’ve been there but I didn’t force myself to eat.
Just increase your intake slowly with time.
Don’t eat at once but in intervals and try not to miss breakfast.
If it has been going for some time then I suggest you visit your doctor.
Try eating little meals throughout the day instead of 3 big ones.
Reply 3
Original post by h333
I’ve been there but I didn’t force myself to eat.
Just increase your intake slowly with time.
Don’t eat at once but in intervals and try not to miss breakfast.
If it has been going for some time then I suggest you visit your doctor.

I don't eat breakfast and hardly any lunch. I don't know what to do
protein packed drinks?
I sometimes feel full up before a meal, but if I start eating I will start feeling hungry.
If you try eating when you don't feel hungry, definitely don't eat so much that you feel sick.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I don't eat breakfast and hardly any lunch. I don't know what to do

You are are probably suffering from an eating disorder. You have to try and have something for breakfast so that you can start the day with some energy. Doesn’t have to be a big meal but a few bites will do and then you can increase it steadily. This way your appetite will hopefully increase with time. Please do go to your doctors though and don’t leave it like this, it’s not healthy for you.

Feel free to pm if you’re a girl.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I know I don't eat enough and I need to eat more. I really don't want to and don't feel hungry most the time.
Should I force myself to eat more?

First off, how active are you? If you don't already, perhaps engage in some sort of physical exercise...your body needs the food after a tough session.

Also, I'd recommend taking a look at how many calories you need (there are a wealth of calculators online), and from there, working to reach that number daily.

This will get you into the habit of eating and, with time, your body will start to expect food.

You got this.
I mean if you ahve no appetite for a few days it's no big deal and you should listen to your body. But if it's going on for weeks then yo need to find an answer. You should go and see your GP and rule out medical causes, plus they can then monitor you that you're not doing any harm to your body. Then try and focus on eating small amounts regularly, eating high calorie food where possible and drinking calories in order to increase your intake.
Try complan/ensure drinks? If your appetite doesn’t come back maybe you need to see a doctor - I don’t know enough from your post so I can’t tell if your aversion to eating is physical or psychological - either way I hope you feel better soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending