The Student Room Group

Rejected from all unis?

Hello.

(For reference I want to do Economics and Finance at a well respected uni possibly Bristol etc.)

coming up to the AS exams of 2017 (Year 12) I severed my tendon cooking some chips. As a result I have had to have a tendon reconstruction because it was initially left unstitched when closed up by the hospital and therefore shrank etc.

As a result I only sat 1 paper for each of my courses => Maths, Economics, Spanish.

My school applied me for an aegrotat which tells the examiners that I was too ill to sit my exams and as a result they gave me the sufficient marks to pass into year 13, (grade E). This basically screwed me up as my teachers have made predictions based of these grades and now when applying for UCAS I have to declare these on my application. I have already stated I have a disability on it.

Coming to the first set of mocks of year 13 I've had to have the second stage of my tendon reconstruction where they take a spare tendon from my left arm or leg then put it in place. This will happen a week and 6 days before the start of my exams and I am going to have to persevere and try and write essays and a maths paper.

Question 1: How completely, entirely, unequivocally, irrefutably ****ed am I?
Question 2: once my application is sent can I request a change of predicted grades?
Question 3: am I able to declare my grades pending on my UCAS application, will unis sort of not like this?
bumpo
Original post by AlevelsMakeMeSui
Hello.

(For reference I want to do Economics and Finance at a well respected uni possibly Bristol etc.)

coming up to the AS exams of 2017 (Year 12) I severed my tendon cooking some chips. As a result I have had to have a tendon reconstruction because it was initially left unstitched when closed up by the hospital and therefore shrank etc.

As a result I only sat 1 paper for each of my courses => Maths, Economics, Spanish.

My school applied me for an aegrotat which tells the examiners that I was too ill to sit my exams and as a result they gave me the sufficient marks to pass into year 13, (grade E). This basically screwed me up as my teachers have made predictions based of these grades and now when applying for UCAS I have to declare these on my application. I have already stated I have a disability on it.

Coming to the first set of mocks of year 13 I've had to have the second stage of my tendon reconstruction where they take a spare tendon from my left arm or leg then put it in place. This will happen a week and 6 days before the start of my exams and I am going to have to persevere and try and write essays and a maths paper.

Question 1: How completely, entirely, unequivocally, irrefutably ****ed am I?
Question 2: once my application is sent can I request a change of predicted grades?
Question 3: am I able to declare my grades pending on my UCAS application, will unis sort of not like this?

You're ****ed for now IMO. But Bristol has so many courses in clearing, a lot of good ones too, economics at places like QMUL, Leeds, Bath, Lancaster etc has also been in clearing.

So, if you get the grades, you'll be able to go to a good uni this year, but have less control over which uni it is.

I just recommend taking a gap year, seems like you could use a rest.

1). See above
2). Possibly, but idk how they consider it
3). Won't solve your problem; your teacher's predictions would still stand and Unis weight this heavily.
best thing to do would be to take a gap year.
Original post by Volibear
Why didn't you resit year 12?

Also, don't bump after 10 minutes.

Hello, thanks for replying.

I am currently on register to resit Maths As modules (only one of my courses which counts towards next year).

sorry I'm new to this. :colondollar:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
You're ****ed for now IMO. But Bristol has so many courses in clearing, a lot of good ones too, economics at places like QMUL, Leeds, Bath, Lancaster etc has also been in clearing.

So, if you get the grades, you'll be able to go to a good uni this year, but have less control over which uni it is.

I just recommend taking a gap year, seems like you could use a rest.

1). See above
2). Possibly, but idk how they consider it
3). Won't solve your problem; your teacher's predictions would still stand and Unis weight this heavily.

Thank you for your replies ill take this into consideration. I am really trying to get into uni this year, I feel like ill lose all motivation.

Original post by entertainmyfaith
best thing to do would be to take a gap year.
i hope your operations and exams go well :smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i hope your operations and exams go well :smile:

Thank you!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest