Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, I need your help.

i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time last Saturday and it has been a week and my vagina has been itching on the inside a little for the past 4 days or so. we used condoms and we're both clean, and I know I have no allergies to that because it isn't severe itch or anything. I was wondering if it is normal for it to itch...? am I worried without any real reasons or is it an issue? thanks you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

If you’ve recently started having sex then it’s normal to have an itchy vag for not more than 48 hours. I think you should contact your GP since 4 days is unusual

ReputationRep:
    If it's itching, then maybe you could use some sort of cream?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it could be thrush, which is a yeast infection. Cream helps, as well as eating yoghurt, drinking water and washing your underwear at high temperatures.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I suggest you see a GP for that. It could be just a reaction to the latex from the condom but if it persists then it is definitely worth both of you getting checked up.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys, I need your help.

i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time last Saturday and it has been a week and my vagina has been itching on the inside a little for the past 4 days or so. we used condoms and we're both clean, and I know I have no allergies to that because it isn't severe itch or anything. I was wondering if it is normal for it to itch...? am I worried without any real reasons or is it an issue? thanks you.
    Since it's 4 days after and I'm assuming you've not had thrush before, I would visit your GP or a sexual health clinic. It's probably just thrush which you can get over the counter stuff for, but with your first time you need to see a doc and there is a chance it's some other form of irritation.
    In the meantime some nappy cram like drapolene should help relieve the itching. You could also try a warm bath with a pinch of salt.

Call your docs surgery tomorrow and say you think you might have an infection in your private area. You may be able to get an on the day appt with a doc or nurse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.