The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

I am applying to universities in both the US and the UK. I have submitted a short essay regarding my interest in English Literature to the University of California application portal and Common App. I am now writing my UCAS personal statement. My question is: Can I just copy the essay I wrote for my US application into my UCAS personal statement? Of course, I will have to write some more to reach about 3500 words. I am just worried if that will be detected as plagiarism?
Original post by yxc
I am applying to universities in both the US and the UK. I have submitted a short essay regarding my interest in English Literature to the University of California application portal and Common App. I am now writing my UCAS personal statement. My question is: Can I just copy the essay I wrote for my US application into my UCAS personal statement? Of course, I will have to write some more to reach about 3500 words. I am just worried if that will be detected as plagiarism?

I would suggest not copying your essay completely... but since it isn't anywhere online... probably won't be detected by plagiarism checkers... and it is your own work anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yxc

Your ucas ps should be around 3,500 CHARACTERS not words.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Your ucas ps should be around 3,500 CHARACTERS not words.

Oh ya haha that's what I meant, my bad.

Quick Reply

Latest