The Student Room Group

Most Underrated Player

Who do you think is the most underrated player in the Prem and why do you think he's underrated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abhinair3004
Who do you think is the most underrated player in the Prem and why do you think he's underrated?

De Gea apparently as if he consistently not put in top 10s by official bodies where he should be number 1 haha
Original post by Chichaldo
De Gea apparently as if he consistently not put in top 10s by official bodies where he should be number 1 haha

Not by the official bodies (France Football is bonkers for putting De Gea 7th on the list of goalkeepers , easily top 3) I mean by fans, and I believe De Gea is rated quite a lot by fans
Not by the official bodies (France Football is bonkers for putting De Gea 7th on the list of goalkeepers , easily top 3) I mean by fans, and I believe De Gea is rated quite a lot by fans

Well, recognised bodies then. Wasn't there a UEFA top 15 keepers also and he didn't even feature?
Original post by Chichaldo
Well, recognised bodies then. Wasn't there a UEFA top 15 keepers also and he didn't even feature?

Iran GK Alireza Beiranvand also made it over De Gea
Victor Moses in Chelsea
Original post by Wired_1800
Victor Moses in Chelsea

He's quite underrated but that's because he wasn't great before Conte arrived. His good fortunes came when Chelsea switched to a back three system.
For me personally, Roberto Firmino is the most underrated player in the Prem
Reply 7
Marc Albrighton, one of the few midfielders in the league who can actually put in a good cross...
Original post by Stevo F
Marc Albrighton, one of the few midfielders in the league who can actually put in a good cross...

Marc Albrighton's got stunning technique and IMO didn't get the praise he deserved in engineering Leicesters title win. But, he's definitely fallen off form wise as have all of the Leicester players , excluding Vardy maybe
He's quite underrated but that's because he wasn't great before Conte arrived. His good fortunes came when Chelsea switched to a back three system.
For me personally, Roberto Firmino is the most underrated player in the Prem

Firmino? Are you mad???

Anyway, that is your opinion and I respect it.
Firmino? Are you mad???

Anyway, that is your opinion and I respect it.

Not that I'm a Liverpool fan or anything but he's been consistent for them under the radar for quite some time
Not that I'm a Liverpool fan or anything but he's been consistent for them under the radar for quite some time

Fair point, but so has Salah.
Reply 12
Fernandinho
Fair point, but so has Salah.

Salah isn't under the radar though, he's the top goalscorer in the Prem. But, Firminho IMO has not been given the recognition he deserves
Salah isn't under the radar though, he's the top goalscorer in the Prem. But, Firminho IMO has not been given the recognition he deserves

Recognition for what? There are many players who have been underrated like Matic, Eriksen, Victor Moses, even Paul Pogba.
Recognition for what? There are many players who have been underrated like Matic, Eriksen, Victor Moses, even Paul Pogba.

Agree with the rest of them but saying Pogba's underrated is a crime. He's an amazing player but by no stretch is he underrated
Original post by mubz28
Fernandinho

In the glitz and glamour of Citys attack everyone forgets about the defensive workrate put in by Fernandinho. Agree with you 100 percent
Agree with the rest of them but saying Pogba's underrated is a crime. He's an amazing player but by no stretch is he underrated

Underrate is to underestimate the value and importance of someone.

Looking at Pogba's impact at United, it is sure that he is underrated.
Underrate is to underestimate the value and importance of someone.

Looking at Pogba's impact at United, it is sure that he is underrated.

Exactly my point , his impact is not underestimated. Casein point ,the Newcastle game when he came back from injury. The last few games , in terms of control on the flow of the game , were terrible for United. That all changed when he came back. It's obvious how much United fans rate him, all you need to do is check any United fan page
Original post by mubz28
Fernandinho

I rate this, also think he's one of the most underrated players rn in the prem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest