The Student Room Group

How does Love marriage work in Islam: RE

post removed

Scroll to see replies

i guess both parties consult their parents telling about this person they like and their parents contact each other and normally go visit each other and if they like after investigating them then they decide to marry and set an engagement/marriage date.
Assalamualaykum sis. Hope you are well. There is no such thing as love marriage in Islam.
Original post by sulaimanali
i guess both parties consult their parents telling about this person they like and their parents contact each other and normally go visit each other and if they like after investigating them then they decide to marry and set an engagement/marriage date.

That's known as an arranged marriage
well its similar...but the difference is "love"...arranged is when parents find a spouse for their child themselves and then maybe take their consent and at that point mostly people aren't in "love" with them...
Original post by MiszShortee786
Assalamualaykum sis. Hope you are well. There is no such thing as love marriage in Islam.

Thats right. You meet your partner for one day and then get married straight away.

By the way do you love your husband?
yes in the case of trying to set up a relationship its okay for the parents to use it...and they can talk over the phone and then go visit each others house.
Dont listen to missshorte. Humans are capable of finding love themselves.
Most of this is backwards and just culture especially South Asian culture.
Nope it then get the same defination as 'dating'. Contact can only be made via ones Mahrams until ones Nikkah/wedding itself.
Original post by grownbirdy
Dont listen to missshorte. Humans are capable of finding love themselves.
Most of this is backwards and just culture especially South Asian culture.

Seriously? After what you were against on my thread? I suggest you shouldn't really fall into things Islamically if you are not aware of it.
yeah i think that's ok....just ask them for their parent's contact details to ask for their child's hand in marriage........
Seriously? After what you were against on my thread? I suggest you shouldn't really fall into things Islamically if you are not aware of it.

Your culture is fond of arranged marriages so I just asked if you love your husband who met on the same day you married him?
You love someone and then you ask them to marry you and then you get married. Then you live happily ever after. The end.
Original post by grownbirdy
Your culture is fond of arranged marriages so I just asked if you love your husband who met on the same day you married him?

Culture and religion don't integrate with each other. I didn't marry him at the same time you really don't understand. 😅
Yeah parents are heavily involved either way, culture plays a big influence too thought, at least where I'm from love marriages are becoming more common than completely arranged ones
Same :frown:

But say you accidentally meet someone and he says 'hey lets get married' soon enough lol
Like the prophet chose his own wives??
IK this has nothing to do with this but you have the same name as me!!! Can't find anyone called tasnim anywhere these days and SLAYYYYY!
Original post by BintM
But say you accidentally meet someone and he says 'hey lets get married' soon enough lol
Like the prophet chose his own wives??

Like that would be the case lol 😂.
Like that would be the case lol 😂.

Very true loool but still in the rare occasion it could happen??

Quick Reply

Latest