The Student Room Group

Disabled Palestinian man in wheelchair shot dead by Israeli security forces

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/16/funeral-of-palestinian-amputee-killed-by-israeli-fire-takes-place-in-gaza

A Palestinian man who previously lost his legs during an Israeli air strike has now been killed by the IDF during a protest

Scroll to see replies

how sad.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
how sad.

Not just sad but outrageous.
it is sad but clearly he made himself a target. the protesters were trying to kill Israelis with missiles.
Reply 5
it is sad but clearly he made himself a target. the protesters were trying to kill Israelis with missiles.

Pebbles < Bullets...
Original post by Napp
Pebbles < Bullets...

so it is OK to try and kill people with high powered catapults & stones ?

smh
Reply 7
so it is OK to try and kill people with high powered catapults & stones ?

smh

I wasn't aware you could have a high powered catapult but never the less.

Yes though, especially if they've invaded, occupied and annexed your homeland and have a quite extensive history of ethnically cleansing your friends and family...

smw
All supported by Trump, Merkel, May, Macron and the rest of the ZOG puppet lot.

Sorry if you don't speak out against this then you're good as supporting it.
Reply 9
Original post by Napp
Pebbles < Bullets...

Removing the particular situation from this, it is obvious that police will eventually have to use what force is at their disposal when they're under attack, particularly by a mob.

I don't much care for the "we're so terribly oppressed, we should be able to be violent towards our enemies and then try to take the moral high ground when they respond" view of the world. There is one way to end violence, and it isn't by creating more violence.
Reply 10
Original post by L i b
Removing the particular situation from this, it is obvious that police will eventually have to use what force is at their disposal when they're under attack, particularly by a mob.

I don't much care for the "we're so terribly oppressed, we should be able to be violent towards our enemies and then try to take the moral high ground when they respond" view of the world. There is one way to end violence, and it isn't by creating more violence.

Alas I take the other view in this case. When a genocidal regime invades and occupies your land and makes it policy to murder your sons and daughters the Palestinians should indeed be encouraged to fight back.
At any rate im not entirely sure how you can justify shoot a legless man in the head as 'self defense' what utter tosh.
The Western Left are lunatic in their support for Palestinian Islamism. Hamas are no better than ISIS. They just want to kill Jews, end of...

The below sums up the naive stupidity of western liberals...

Original post by L i b

There is one way to end violence, and it isn't by creating more violence.

Unless that violence gains the monopoly on violence. That being the what every stable state has done.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The lovable bear comes up out with some more crap as per usual.

so why do you think these people are launching stones at the legitimate forces of law and order ? as a Christmas present ?

smh
Reply 14
Original post by Napp
Alas I take the other view in this case. When a genocidal regime invades and occupies your land and makes it policy to murder your sons and daughters the Palestinians should indeed be encouraged to fight back.

I'm not sure what nonsense anti-Israeli rhetoric would make you assume there is any attempt at "genocide" or "murder" here. Let's remember: these protesters came from the Gaza Strip. They came up to the Israeli border fence to engage in violence.

If you want to encourage people to leave their homes to attack armed soldiers, who would prefer nothing more than simply seeing their day out peacefully, then you are responsible when they end up dead. What possible help you think these deaths are to anyone is beyond me.

At any rate im not entirely sure how you can justify shoot a legless man in the head as 'self defense' what utter tosh.

He was part of a mob. Whether he was engaged in violent acts or not himself, he was part of that mob. It is hardly surprising that self-defence in those circumstances will result in casualties.
Reply 15
Original post by generallee
The Western Left are lunatic in their support for Palestinian Islamism. Hamas are no better than ISIS. They just want to kill Jews, end of...

The below sums up the naive stupidity of western liberals...

Right wingers need to demonise the left as something its not in order to persuade people to agree to their notion that their side is better. I don't support hamas, but I do support the mass murder and terrorizing of innocent Palestinians. It's not about picking sides, its about being against the slaughter of many many people of all descents in the regeion - end of.
Reply 16
Original post by Napp
The problem is that most of the world already is already sympathetic towards the Palestinian cause. Israel is in the wrong. The IDF often behaves ilegally, and demonstrably so. The Palestinian cause would gain far more traction if they, and associated paramilitaries, took no action against Israeli interests. Not only would it increase worldwide support for the Palestinians and exert more pressure on Israel, but it would also mean fewer, if any, civilian deaths.
There is absolutely no benefit to the Palistinians in provoking the IDF, and in some cases, it actually reduces their support - as the inevitable "what did he expect" comments will show.
for the record there have been many deaths of Israelis including tiny children due to these despicable attacks.

On 5 June 2001, Yehuda Shoham, a 5-month-old baby, was killed when a rock hurled by stone-throwing Palestinians crashed through the window of the car he was riding in, crushing his skull.

On 23 September 2011, Asher (25) and Yonatan Palmer (1) were killed when the car Asher was driving was attacked by stone-throwing Palestinians, causing it to crash killing him along with his infant son.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_stone-throwing
Reply 18
Original post by QE2
The problem is that most of the world already is already sympathetic towards the Palestinian cause. Israel is in the wrong. The IDF often behaves ilegally, and demonstrably so. The Palestinian cause would gain far more traction if they, and associated paramilitaries, took no action against Israeli interests. Not only would it increase worldwide support for the Palestinians and exert more pressure on Israel, but it would also mean fewer, if any, civilian deaths.
There is absolutely no benefit to the Palistinians in provoking the IDF, and in some cases, it actually reduces their support - as the inevitable "what did he expect" comments will show.

Maybe, but at the same time the idea that international condemnation will make one iota of difference to Israeli acts of aggression is lamentably farcical. Unless the US stops sheltering it under their Krysha i don't see any way things can change for the better for the Palestinians.
Reply 19
for the record there have been many deaths of Israelis including tiny children due to these despicable attacks.

On 5 June 2001, Yehuda Shoham, a 5-month-old baby, was killed when a rock hurled by stone-throwing Palestinians crashed through the window of the car he was riding in, crushing his skull.

On 23 September 2011, Asher (25) and Yonatan Palmer (1) were killed when the car Asher was driving was attacked by stone-throwing Palestinians, causing it to crash killing him along with his infant son.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_stone-throwing

I'm not entirely sure its fair to compare a small number of stone throwing deaths with the hundreds killed and maimed in air strikes alone?

Original post by L i b
I'm not sure what nonsense anti-Israeli rhetoric would make you assume there is any attempt at "genocide" or "murder" here. Let's remember: these protesters came from the Gaza Strip. They came up to the Israeli border fence to engage in violence.

Whats wrong with being anti israeli? You say that as if it is a bad thing not to support an apartheid regime?
I didnt specifically say this instance was an example of genocide. I did say that it is a broad Israeli policy though. Please read Pappe for a fuller account.
The Gaza Strip, you mean the spec of land that has been likened to a ghetto thanks to the israeli blockade?
Again pebbles vs. bullets.

If you want to encourage people to leave their homes to attack armed soldiers, who would prefer nothing more than simply seeing their day out peacefully, then you are responsible when they end up dead. What possible help you think these deaths are to anyone is beyond me.

Thats quite a leap of logic, pray tell how i am inciting anyone to violence? :Rolleyes:

He was part of a mob. Whether he was engaged in violent acts or not himself, he was part of that mob. It is hardly surprising that self-defence in those circumstances will result in casualties.

He was a legless civilian you bamboozling dense person. It is a persons civil right to demonstrate against an oppressing power. Indeed it is people like yourself who generally seem to make the arguement for regime change as well which usually requires a fair bit of rioting, do they deserve to have their head blown off as well?
I do find it morbidly cute that you think it is perfectly fine to shoot a crippled man in the head. There is no way you can justify a cripple as a danger to ones life.

Quick Reply