The Student Room Group

Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?

Poll

Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?

Whether it be at school, work, uni, etc - have you ever participated in a Secret Santa event?

I've done 2, both through TSR :teehee:

Scroll to see replies

no ... it is one of these fake inventions from the US and A.... grrrrrr
Yeah, I did them throughout school and now we do them in my friendship group, it is just cheaper and less stress than buying everyone a present.
We've done it every year since year 7 in my form! Im in yr 10 now and honestly i enjoy it so much!:biggrin:
Unfortunately.
Nope another stupid US trend just like Halloween.
Many, many. Class ones in the lower end of secondary school, it's how my friends do presents now so we only buy one present each, and obviously TSR one this year :woo:
Reply 7
Does it count if I get a surprise present for myself? :redface: Otherwise I've not participated in one :colondollar:
Yes every year with my friendship group, everyone gets a present but it saves so much money and stress not having to get a present for everyone.
Reply 9
I had no choice. The first was at school, so everyone did one and the second was at cadets, where I was told to do it, since no one else wanted to.
yes, through the uni halls
Once, at school and it was this year. We had a cover in the agreed date so nobody exchanged gifts that day, and I ended up eating the present I bought, thinking secret Santa was unofficially cancelled for the year... a couple days later, I got a gift from the person who had my name.

I was pretty embarrassed.
Two this year, including one on TSR. Done plenty before too.:smile:
yeah by force back in highschool
My family always do it. We are such a big family that it saves an enormous amount of money
Yes, by force at a performing arts group. :colonhash:
Reply 16
Yep! Back at school with my friendship group and now at uni - just makes things easier/cheaper than having to come up with a present for every one of your friends!
Yes, in senior school our tutor did them. it was okay, but it sucked if the person who had you didn't know you BC you would just get chocolate and they wouldn't even bother to wrap it up
Yes, one year with my housemates at uni. It's a better strategy as they all ended up falling out with each other, so no real money lost! 😂😂
Original post by Rum Ham
Whether it be at school, work, uni, etc - have you ever participated in a Secret Santa event?

I've done 2, both through TSR :teehee:

I've done some TSR Secret Santas too! Can't remember doing any IRL ones, though I swear I must have at one point...

Last year, I had awesome Secret Santa presents from an awesome person. Now what was their username... :dontknow: :moon: :dontknow:

:ninja:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest