The Student Room Group

Suicide bomber kills eight at Christian Church in Pakistan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/17/pakistani-christians-suicide-bomb-attack-quetta-church

Ugh, utterly tragic.

Whataboutery and deflection begins in 3, 2, 1...
Reply 1
Sad news indeed
Disgusting and good riddance to the bombers. Times like these I almost wish an afterlife did exist to imagine their faces when they died and realised that what they died for isn’t real.
Reply 3
Extremely sad and horrific attack. Christians are living in fear of violence and persecution in Pakistan and across many countries in the Middle East and South Asia.
Disgusting and unislamic attack on innocent people.
RIP innocent victims. you are welcomed to Heaven on the wings of angels. the murderers are beginning an eternity with Shaitan.
Reply 6
Disgusting and so so sad :frown:
Extremely sad event especially as it took place in my own country.I speak for myself and the vast majority of Muslims that what the terrorists did was just horrific and unforgivable.These guys are killing innocent people whereas in the Quran,it condemns these killings unless muslims themselves are being tortured or being persecuted.The terrorists will pay the ultimate price in hell for killing innocent people and giving Islam a bad name.
Original post by the bear
RIP innocent victims. you are welcomed to Heaven on the wings of angels. the murderers are beginning an eternity with Shaitan.

Amen brother.
Reply 9
Original post by Trapz99
Extremely sad and horrific attack. Christians are living in fear of violence and persecution in Pakistan and across many countries in the Middle East and South Asia.

In fairness there are plenty of other minorities across the areas you have mentioned who get it in the neck far worse than Christians do in general.
Might one ask where abouts you are referencing in South Asia? The Mrs is a Catholic and comes from there and aside from some irksome ignorance there are few instances of persecution to her and co.
Original post by Napp
In fairness there are plenty of other minorities across the areas you have mentioned who get it in the neck far worse than Christians do in general.
Might one ask where abouts you are referencing in South Asia? The Mrs is a Catholic and comes from there and aside from some irksome ignorance there are few instances of persecution to her and co.

Yes I'm sure other minorities 'get it in the neck' but this thread was about Christians so I thought that's what I'd mention. By South Asia, I meant Pakistan and Bangladesh but in India there's some persecution against minorities as well, especially nowadays.
Reply 11
Original post by Trapz99
Yes I'm sure other minorities 'get it in the neck' but this thread was about Christians so I thought that's what I'd mention. By South Asia, I meant Pakistan and Bangladesh but in India there's some persecution against minorities as well, especially nowadays.

Ah okay, I thought you meant further down such as Malaya, Thailand etc. etc.
Mm the Hindu nationalists havent been a good thing for Indian race relations i must say.
Is this Christianophobia?
Original post by serions871
Disgusting and unislamic attack on innocent people.

Definitely disgusting, but is it 'unIslamic'? I believe that violence against non-Muslims is a logical and predictable consequence of the way non-Muslims are spoken of and characterised in Islamic texts such as the Quran and the Hadiths.

The early caliphs (and indeed later ones) treated Christians and Jews as second-class citizens; they required them to wear an identifiable symbol on their clothing (just as Jews had to wear a yellow star patch in Nazi Germany), they paid a jizya tax, if a Muslim converted to Christianity they would be put to death, and Christians and Jews were not allowed to build new churches or even repair old ones.

Non-Muslims were treated harshly in the Rashidun and Umayyad caliphates.

P.S. I'm not intending to single out Muslims here. Religion in general encourages negative feelings about non-believers and just as there are attacks on non-Muslims, also you can see many attacks and murders against Muslims by extremist Hindus in India. In my opinion, this is what happens when religion is taken seriously.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending