The Student Room Group

How much vodka should you drink before you sleep?

^^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As long as you don't drink it while you sleep.
I do about quarter a litre through the course of a night out. When I get in I eat a bunch of brown bread and drink 2 litres of water. Then I sit awake for about 12 more hours absolutely WIRED and pumping full of adrenaline posting on forums about being God.
You shouldn’t be doing that anyway.
don't drink at all
Reply 5
Original post by RockyDennis
I do about quarter a litre through the course of a night out. When I get in I eat a bunch of brown bread and drink 2 litres of water. Then I sit awake for about 12 more hours absolutely WIRED and pumping full of adrenaline posting on forums about being God.

Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
You shouldn’t be doing that anyway.

Buzzkill.
Reply 7
Original post by Bio 7
Buzzkill.

Lmao literally
None! :nope:
Original post by gigi77774
^^^

There was a time when I drank two bottles a day. I thought of having it on intravenous drip. The rule of thumb is simple the more you drink the more you'll need. Don't go there, because once you're there you might not get out alive.
Reply 10
Original post by Huw M Thomas
There was a time when I drank two bottles a day. I thought of having it on intravenous drip. The rule of thumb is simple the more you drink the more you'll need. Don't go there, because once you're there you might not get out alive.

You made it out alive
If its not vodka then it will be drugs
How ever much you'd like to drink.
Original post by gigi77774
You made it out alive
If its not vodka then it will be drugs

You obviously want to take the edge of something. It won't work because when you sober up the something will be waiting and may well have brought a friend along to make matters worse.
None
Obviously it's a sign that you need to see a counsellor, or GP, if this is a genuine question.

That being said, in the last five years I've spent sevel periods adding up to around two years drinking heavily, on a daily basis In addiction to the point of chemical dependency. Had to go into residential rehab for medical supervised detox and withdrawal several times. Had alcohol withdrawal seizures, with fitting and convulsions, requiring admission to A&E for detox, several times due to reducing consumption down to rapidly.

With my credentials out of the way, when i wasn't (in my mind) drinking 'heavily', half a bottle of vodka an hour before bed time did the trick for me. But I would wake in the night needing a top up, & need a double soon as I woke as a 'leveller', to stop the rattles.

As mentioned at the start of my post, there are much better & safer alternatives freely available. Drinking daily is never a solution to anything. It will eventually make your life a living nightmare, physically, mentally, emotionally, relationship wise for work, study, family & friends, and also financially. I seriously don't recommend it. You will, eventually, come to deeply regret it, lose jobs, get kicked out of studies, become estranged, possibly permanently, from family and friends, get in trouble with the police, even sectioned if the drinking escalates to the point of serious mental health problems. It really doesn't long for daily drinking to result in chemical dependency on alcohol to function 'normally', and it's a hard journey back from.

Speak with a local alcohol and drug support worker before going down that road would be my best and honest advice. Stay well & keep safe.
Ignore the boring people; however much you can afford and preferably enough to pass out.
I drink milk before going to sleep actually. Also, I brush my teeth.
Reply 17
2L should do the trick. Add an additional 1.5L after half an hour if still conscious.
Anything around 10 to 11 litres.
Reply 19
All of it.

Quick Reply

Latest