The Student Room Group

IB Extended essay

Over the holidays I have to chose a topic for my Extended essay. I want to do medicine and my HL are chemistry, biology and german B. The rules in our school are that you can't do an EE on a SL subject and the world studies column has been abolished due to poor grades in the past etc (I've tried revisiting this topic with teachers but they won't let me do one). Biology is massively over subscribed in my school so I feel I'm left to chemistry - but I don't mind I feel that I could find an interesting topic in this field. My question is has anyone got any ideas for a chemistry EE or got any tips/ does and don'ts as I feel we haven't been given much guidance.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Ask your teacher :tongue: my school also offers IB but I don't take chemistry, honestly I think you have to come up with it yourself with the help of your mentor - that's what I did. I know a friend who did an EPQ on ammonia (good and bad things about it like chemical weaponry, etc) but it was a GCSE level one.

I realise you've been told to choose over the holidays - you should try and research and see what interests you. I wish I could help but I'm not taking chemistry or IB :/

Quick Reply

Latest