The Student Room Group

residency issue

Hi,
I came in UK on 11sep2016. I am doing my advance highers right know which is a Scottish qualification same as A level. i have applied to university . if i get in i will be starting my uni by 1 sep 2018. i have british passport but do not fill the residence criteria. My dad was in Army in Pakistan and my mum was fully dependent on him. Then my mother stared studying in Pakistan (she is a single parent ). she did her masters then she got PHD in university of Edinburgh but as an international student. she got scholarship so she came here. So we had to come here with her. she came here in 2015 we came here in 2016 as we were waiting to get admission in school in UK. We are are taking all the benefits e.g tax credit, child benefit etc. Is there any chance that according to situation I get a national status?

If some one has any information or advice please share
thanks
Original post by coolcooll
Hi,
I came in UK on 11sep2016. I am doing my advance highers right know which is a Scottish qualification same as A level. i have applied to university . if i get in i will be starting my uni by 1 sep 2018. i have british passport but do not fill the residence criteria. My dad was in Army in Pakistan and my mum was fully dependent on him. Then my mother stared studying in Pakistan (she is a single parent ). she did her masters then she got PHD in university of Edinburgh but as an international student. she got scholarship so she came here. So we had to come here with her. she came here in 2015 we came here in 2016 as we were waiting to get admission in school in UK. We are are taking all the benefits e.g tax credit, child benefit etc. Is there any chance that according to situation I get a national status?

If some one has any information or advice please share
thanks

To be eligible you need to have 3 years residence as a UK or EU national with settled status by the first day of the academic institution you are starting a degree in. That is normally 1 Sept, but check with your uni.
I am assuming your passport says you are a full UK national.

This is very awkward for you as you will not complete three years residence until 11 Sept 2019, which in turn will not be sufficient for Sept 2019 stars by ten days. You can apply and hope the uni overlooks this. You could be waiting till 2020 to start uni. Just get a job.

If your mum has a PHD, then she should be helping you sort this out.
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending